• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Communication with Cricinfo

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
About ten years ago I decided to try and write an article about Jardine's brief legal career - with the help of his biographer and the Law Society I managed to track down the firm that had ultimately taken on the practice to which he was articled.

Once I managed to persuade them I wasn't trying to pursue some ancient professional negligence claim against the firm the bloke I spoke to told me they had no one there who had realised they had any sort of link with DRJ and they had absolutely nothing in their archives that could possibly help me

I didn't think any more about it at the time but then last year a colleague's son got a teaching job at Horris Hill, DRJ's prep school. Angling for an invite to look at their DRJ memorabilia I was effectively told the same thing, although at least there was some explanation that being that after Bodyline they'd decided to play down the link and he had basically been forgotten

Mr Miyagi

Banned
About ten years ago I decided to try and write an article about Jardine's brief legal career - with the help of his biographer and the Law Society I managed to track down the firm that had ultimately taken on the practice to which he was articled.

Once I managed to persuade them I wasn't trying to pursue some ancient professional negligence claim against the firm the bloke I spoke to told me they had no one there who had realised they had any sort of link with DRJ and they had absolutely nothing in their archives that could possibly help me

I didn't think any more about it at the time but then last year a colleague's son got a teaching job at Horris Hill, DRJ's prep school. Angling for an invite to look at their DRJ memorabilia I was effectively told the same thing, although at least there was some explanation that being that after Bodyline they'd decided to play down the link and he had basically been forgotten
Well there's still hope that Kumar Sangakarra sucks as a commentator and has to practice.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Burgey is the exception that proves the rule

To be honest with you, I am still undecided if he is just simply a vexatious litigant as against a lawyer in the common law.

Bush lawyer standards are improving, but basic procedure is basic procedure. Junk proceduring is junk posting as is junk lawyering as is junk posting imo. As they say when two straight firemen get married - "it's a cricle". But Burgey can say "where's McGrath", "Where's Gilly" or "where's Binga" as best as anyone I know who posts.

India twitter = where's Ashwin already,

Burgey will always be "where's Binga" to me.

Last edited:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
In CW terms Burgey is a synonym for vexatious - ***** to confirm

Vexatious is cool and all if reasonable. But typically Burgey plays it safer than a Swiss Banker profiting from Nazi and Semetic funds both after WW2.

Burgey is already aware where he stands with me after he attacked me. Burgey is all "where's Gilly" - "where's McGrath" - I summise this as "where's Binga" - which he should have worked out by now, if not, that was my joke Burgey (hope you get it now) :P

***** lives in an ignorance is bliss (yes ***** - I have already done the math on Bolo's no balls and wides claim and despite what Bolo thought - they are well past significant - I win again). ***** doesn't even think I should be talking to professional lawyer - what you think Fred, do I know anything about the common law? Burgey already knows better - not even a dillatante reads procedure in Australian states.

I want to get on with ***** - he loves cricket. I don't want to be Burgey's enemy. But stuff it if I will let anyone use fallacies against me - as a lawyer, I am sure you understand the vibe of this Fred.

I am here to talk cricket, not popularity contests.

You understand that *****?

If Burgey wants to be vaxatious - that's his hole. I'll happily let ***** accompany him given half the chance.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Burgey is like most Judges were when I first qualified, ie before they got all public servanty and touchy feely,

By which I mean he dispenses his forthright views without giving a tuppenny toss (a phrase beloved of the late Mr Registrar Keyes) about anyone's sensitivities so don't take it personally - he's just a grumpy old Aussie git who's terrified that one day someone will work out he's actually a Pom

Engle

State Vice-Captain
I'm a lawyer - it's unreasonable to expect me to say anything interesting
And here I thought you were being a funny guy :laugh: when you asked the question

Didn't take long for the thread to take off tangentially. Back on track.

Here's a question to Steven that I found interesting. Without checking, does anyone know the Highest Test innings score in a match where all 40 wickets fell ?

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wanted to ask him the highest individual score in wins by innings but figured it out after some tedious HowSTATing.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
vexatious is cool and all if reasonable. But typically burgey plays it safer than a swiss banker profiting from nazi and semetic funds both after ww2.

Burgey is already aware where he stands with me after he attacked me. Burgey is all "where's gilly" - "where's mcgrath" - i summise this as "where's binga" - which he should have worked out by now, if not, that was my joke burgey (hope you get it now) :p

***** lives in an ignorance is bliss (yes ***** - i have already done the math on bolo's no balls and wides claim and despite what bolo thought - they are well past significant - i win again). ***** doesn't even think i should be talking to professional lawyer - what you think fred, do i know anything about the common law? Burgey already knows better - not even a dillatante reads procedure in australian states.

I want to get on with ***** - he loves cricket. I don't want to be burgey's enemy. But stuff it if i will let anyone use fallacies against me - as a lawyer, i am sure you understand the vibe of this fred.

I am here to talk cricket, not popularity contests.

You understand that *****?

If burgey wants to be vaxatious - that's his hole. I'll happily let ***** accompany him given half the chance.
k.