• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Communication with Cricinfo

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Have you ever received a response or any interaction with Cricinfo ?

I have had 3 :

1. Had a comment published in the commentary of the recent England / Pakistan Test series

2. Received an answer to a statistical question from Steven Lynch

3. Won a book on a Caption Contest : " My favourite Cricketer - Forty great players through the eyes of the world's finest cricket writers "

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Asked George Dobell a simple question once and he didn't react well

fredfertang

Asked Steven Lynch several questions, or more accurately the same question several times - he never did answer it

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Asked Steven Lynch several questions, or more accurately the same question several times - he never did answer it
You have to ask him a question that will garner his interest and that is worthy of being published.
Also, make sure the question is answerable with some statistical research. If it's too complex, he won't be able to answer.

He's answered 2 other questions of mine from The Guardian UK

He surprisingly responded to a personal question of mine, when I asked him why was he responding many times from some bloke in Nigeria. He replied that because that fellow sends him torrents of questions and so he picks a few to comply. Perhaps, you should flood him similarly. :D

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been published in the match commentary once pretty long ago. iirc it was when Laxman picked up a test wicket in England.

fredfertang

You have to ask him a question that will garner his interest and that is worthy of being published.
Also, make sure the question is answerable with some statistical research. If it's too complex, he won't be able to answer.

He's answered 2 other questions of mine from The Guardian UK

He surprisingly responded to a personal question of mine, when I asked him why was he responding many times from some bloke in Nigeria. He replied that because that fellow sends him torrents of questions and so he picks a few to comply. Perhaps, you should flood him similarly. :D
The question I asked him was how many First Class matches have been played in Berkshire - I had to find out for myself in the end

kingkallis

International Coach
Did a match report for them in 2009 ( India v Australia @ Vadodara ) and comments got published several times in 2017.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I prefer to have as little communication with them as possible, as I do with most people.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I'm a lawyer - it's unreasonable to expect me to say anything interesting

A reasonable man is an objective construct riding a Clapham omnibus, whereas a lawyer is a person who in paradise may sit in his chair, inspect the text, and answer all questions without raising his eyes.

fredfertang

A reasonable man is an objective construct riding a Clapham omnibus, whereas a lawyer is a person who in paradise may sit in his chair, inspect the text, and answer all questions without raising his eyes.
Don't forget the blue pencil

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Don't forget the blue pencil

Well if the reasonable man on the Clapham omnibus finds there is an agreement his expectation is that only the unreasonable clauses are omitted from the rest of the agreement for a lawyer sitting in his chair in paradise and is obviously upheld (unless a total failure of peppercorns rendering it nudum pactum). #Omnibus common sense.

Like Sharon Stone said in Basic Instinct while kind of dressed and not techincally nude, 'what are you going do, void me for smoking'?

Mr and Mrs Fredfertang may push their beds together tonight after researching my last post. My good work here is done.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Well if the reasonable man on the Clapham omnibus finds there is an agreement his expectation is that only the unreasonable clauses are omitted from the rest of the agreement for a lawyer sitting in his chair in paradise and is obviously upheld (unless a total failure of peppercorns rendering it nudum pactum). #Omnibus common sense.

Like Sharon Stone said in Basic Instinct while kind of dressed and not techincally nude, 'what are you going do, void me for smoking'?
I think the only possible riposte to that is, 'mine's a gin and tonic please'

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Not unless I really can't avoid it

I have never done a conveyance. But it was good enough for Jardine.

In NZ we had a "leaky home syndrome"((google it if you're remotely interested in torts and construction negligence, big here and in Canada) but the UK never had council inspector liability relevant to speak of) - I have viewed far too many and I mean many conveyancing files, that said.

Last edited: