• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Communication with Cricinfo

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
And the highest score in a Test with 4 completed innings is 266 by Ponsford at The Oval in 1934, but England had a player absent hurt in each innings so only 38 wickets fell.

Curiously, the first 3 batsmen to score 200 in a match where 40 wickets fell (Gregory (201) in 1894, Faulkner (204) in 1910-11 and Trumper (214) in the following game) were all on the losing side.

Marius

International Debutant
Had a couple of comments published during commentary, and Steven Lynch has answered a few of my queries.

Also been blocked by Firdose Moonda on Twitter. This happened twice. First time was during the Mzaidume debacle. I then got sick of Twitter and deleted my account but went back on and was blocked again for pointing out that she had had a mistake in an article, about which franchise Omphile Ramela plays for.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had a couple of comments published during commentary, and Steven Lynch has answered a few of my queries.

Also been blocked by Firdose Moonda on Twitter. This happened twice. First time was during the Mzaidume debacle. I then got sick of Twitter and deleted my account but went back on and was blocked again for pointing out that she had had a mistake in an article, about which franchise Omphile Ramela plays for.
Well she sounds like a well adjusted and respectable professional . . .

Can't have people disagreeing with your editorials or pointing out when you're bull****ing

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Careful, she might sue you for defamation #bradmcnamara

a massive zebra

International Captain
1. On 16th February 2011 I sent an email to cricinfo asking if Benjamin Aislabie holds the record for the lowest first class batting average of anyone who has played over 50 first class matches and not taken a wicket or made a stumping. I did not receive a reply.
2. On 18th September 2014 I sent an email to cricinfo stating that their list of bowlers who have taken 10 wickets in a first class innings included an erroneous entry. It showed Johnny Briggs as having taken 10 wickets in an innings for Lancashire vs Worcestershire at Manchester in 1990. This actually took place in 1900. Robin Abrahams responded within 15 minutes stating "Thanks, corrected should be 1900."
3. On 23rd February 2018 I sent an email to cricinfo stating the boundary fours filter in statsguru actually filters out all fours, not just boundary fours. Consequently, if you try to use this filter to identify the highest test innings without a boundary, statsguru actually filters out the highest innings without a boundary (Geoff Boycott's 77 for England against Australia at Perth in 1978-79), because it did include an all run four. Cricinfo did not respond to my email.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
1. On 16th February 2011 I sent an email to cricinfo asking if Benjamin Aislabie holds the record for the lowest first class batting average of anyone who has played over 50 first class matches and not taken a wicket or made a stumping. I did not receive a reply.
2. On 18th September 2014 I sent an email to cricinfo stating that their list of bowlers who have taken 10 wickets in a first class innings included an erroneous entry. It showed Johnny Briggs as having taken 10 wickets in an innings for Lancashire vs Worcestershire at Manchester in 1990. This actually took place in 1900. Robin Abrahams responded within 15 minutes stating "Thanks, corrected should be 1900."
3. On 23rd February 2018 I sent an email to cricinfo stating the boundary fours filter in statsguru actually filters out all fours, not just boundary fours. Consequently, if you try to use this filter to identify the highest test innings without a boundary, statsguru actually filters out the highest innings without a boundary (Geoff Boycott's 77 for England against Australia at Perth in 1978-79), because it did include an all run four. Cricinfo did not respond to my email.
4 is 4.

Its not boundaries. It is 4s.

a massive zebra

International Captain
4 is 4.

Its not boundaries. It is 4s.
Please reread my message above. In the statsguru advanced filter, if you go down to the "Result qualifications" drop down box, there is an option which specifically says "boundary fours". However, if you actually use this option, it filters out all fours, not just boundary fours as explicitly stated.

In other words, it should be possible to use a "boundary fours" filter to identify all innings without a boundary. But on statsguru you cannot, as all run fours are treated as boundaries. If it is impossible to identify genuine boundaries, they should change the name of the filter to "fours" or "4s".

Last edited:

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Good point. There is a definite difference between a stroke that goes all to way to the boundary and one that does not.
Statistically, they have the same value. But contextually, they're different.
In fact, I'd be interested to find out the most number of runs obtained from an all-run stroke.

Engle

State Vice-Captain

I can sympathize. I once corrected Harsha Bogle on an article and he deleted my comment.

Anantha Narayan, on the other hand, will admit to an inaccuracy and publish your comment