• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to the Black Caps....

Ming

State 12th Man
James Marshall or Michael Papps in for Matthew Sinclair. And Lou Vincent in for Craig McMillan. Scott Styris in for Kyle Mills.

Wilson, give him another chance, he showed a month ago he can get that line and length right, and hopefully he can on Saturday.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
McMillan will not be replaced after his innings at Wellington.

James Marshall is the most likely candidate to replace Sinclair, I don't think Michael Papps stands a chance.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Ming said:
James Marshall or Michael Papps in for Matthew Sinclair. And Lou Vincent in for Craig McMillan. Scott Styris in for Kyle Mills.

Wilson, give him another chance, he showed a month ago he can get that line and length right, and hopefully he can on Saturday.
I'm an unashamed Wilson supporter. His figures sound disappointing (I've seen about five balls in the whole match, as I am working 2pm-11pm tonight), but I guess you have to take into account he was up against the best team in the world, on a good batting pitch against batsman who, in the main, were set.

They'll give him another shot in another match, and rightly so.

However, if he doesn't tighten up, I see no reason to persist with him for too long after this series.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think they should replace Mills. He bowled pretty well today, was the best of the pace bowlers.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I say replace Daryl Tuffey for James Franklin
Matthew Sinclair for Michael Papps (we need a solid top order batter)

Fiery

Banned
Goldie wasn't much chop today but he deserves another chance. Not sure whether he can rely on his batting too much to press his case though. Tuffey is the major concern for me and Sinclair has to go. In comes J. Marshall for Sinclair. That's the only change I think they'll make.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
I don't think they should replace Mills. He bowled pretty well today, was the best of the pace bowlers.
I can't see Mills being replaced, even though I'm not his biggest fan. James Franklin would be basically the only player that would replace him and I certainly can't see it happening.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Possibly slot wilson back in, also somerset do you make those graphics? Think you could make me one? msn is xiw4life@hotmail.com
I don't make the signatures/avatars, I actually had one created by a very talented person at another forum I wrote at. I'll pass the word on that he's needed here if you like.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fiery said:
Goldie wasn't much chop today but he deserves another chance. Not sure whether he can rely on his batting too much to press his case though. Tuffey is the major concern for me and Sinclair has to go. In comes J. Marshall for Sinclair. That's the only change I think they'll make.
Agreed. We simply don't have enough depth and apart from that one change, I can't see Bracewell calling anyone else up to the side.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset said:
I don't make the signatures/avatars, I actually had one created by a very talented person at another forum I wrote at. I'll pass the word on that he's needed here if you like.
Ok thanks :D

Ming

State 12th Man
We are basically screwed with our opening bowlers. They won't take wickets, so we might as well have the best containing bowlers in the country in for them.

Franklin is too loose for ODIs, Hamilton should be given a shot. Bracewell has said he may be an outside chance.

Why does Michael Papps stand no chance Somerset? He was in even better form than James.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ming said:
We are basically screwed with our opening bowlers. They won't take wickets, so we might as well have the best containing bowlers in the country in for them.

Franklin is too loose for ODIs, Hamilton should be given a shot. Bracewell has said he may be an outside chance.

Why does Michael Papps stand no chance Somerset? He was in even better form than James.
Considering James Marshall was called up for the second ODI this evening instead of Michael Papps who is from Canterbury gives me an indication. I just can't see it happening - besides, Papps would surely be opening and although the combination hasn't been particularly successful so far this series, Fleming and Astle should stick together at the top of the order.

Fiery

Banned
Ming said:

Papps is a little run machine and has to be considered in both forms. Franklin needs to be persisted with because he's obviously one of the most talented cricketers in the country. Opening with Tuffey and Mill is not working at the moment and that needs to be looked at but not sure if Hamilton is the answer. There you go, that's my opinion. It didn't provide many answers but we need to experiment a bit after this current Aussie series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Opening the batting- They can try Michael Papps, Richard Jones or any other contender, based on form. This idea of opening with Sinclair should be scrapped, and Flemign may move one down in ODI's.

Middle order- Peter Fulton, maybe? He can be useful as a middle-overs strokeplayer and big-hitter.

Opening the bowling- They won't get too many wickets with Tuffey, Martin and Mills and will only give away too many runs, so a major change is required here. The young pacers of whom so much is spoken deserve a national call-up. They can't do worse than this lot and may be an element of surprise, though the sooner Bond returns, the better. Franklin can't do much- he's only medium-pace. No idea how Hamilton and Mason would perform.

All-rounder- Scott Styris can play the role of the fifth bowler well, as his last ODI shows. That can leave room for an extra batsman, which the team needs. Jacob Oram is not scoring enough to win matches from tight spots. Difficult to say how long Cairns will play.

anzac

International Debutant
Arjun I think we'll have to wait for SRL b4 we see any of those options taken...........NZL selectors are traditionally too conservative to try anything during a Home series esp v AUS.........Vettori was the last 'bolt from the blue' and that was as a result of Rixon being coach at the time...............an Aussie!!!!!

anzac

International Debutant
so far as this series is concerned the bowling is a real problem from what little I've seen - a big concern that Tuffey has still got a scrambled seam - I haven't seen him with a decent seam / release since the 1st Test v PAK last season..................if Hamilton has been in form then why not give him a go...............

batting is also a problem so the 1st thing I'd do is bring in Papps to open with Flem, and on current form I'd like to promote McCullum & Vettori up the order...............or at least mix it up a bit...........

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
I'm an unashamed Wilson supporter.
I'm sure young Goldie appreciates you standing firm & proud behind him! ;)

& be sure to give him hearty applause; I've heard he likes a warm hand on his entrance! :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How about letting McMillan bat three?
Maybe even get Papps to open and put Fleming at four (long-shot, I know...)
Tuffey can't keep getting selected, surely... likewise Mills.
Oram being missed... badly.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ming said:

Lou Vincent ???????????? I do hope your not referring to Oneday cricket. Vincent has an average of around 20 and a batting strikerate of 59 !!!!!!! A Worse strike rate than Sinclair

Its not like he wasn't given a decent go either, He played around 60 matches ...

You are joking aren't you ???????