• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chairmen's Trophy (New Zealand and Holland in CWLand)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
'XI results pretty much as expected. Some tidy performances by the young fellas which is good to see in the leadup to such a major event.

Hoyus, put your fking collar down!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
AUST_HiTMaN said:
'XI results pretty much as expected. Some tidy performances by the young fellas which is good to see in the leadup to such a major event.

Hoyus, put your fking collar down!
Do i have to take my straw hat off as well?:wacko:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web XI vs The Netherlands
at the PDV Dome

The Webheads were far less than convincing, but sealed a spot in the final of Chairmen's Torphy with a 4-wicket win over the Netherlands. The home batsmen collapsed from a position 155-2 to 209-6, but still comfortably chased a modest total of 211 for victory.

Pieter Seelar was the main threat for the Dutch team, as bowled with consistency and intelligence. The top five Cricket Web XI batsmen all got starts, but never truly looked like recording big innings, due largely to impatience.

Earlier Ryan ten Doeschate, promoted to number three, scored a solid 68 and was the basis behind a platform of 148-2 for Holland. However, attempts at acceleration were foiled largely by the spin of Neil Pickup, and a total of 210-8 was all that was managed.

Though the Webheads received a 92-run opening stand from Ian Markus and Ash Chaulk, dominance was always elusive on an unusually slow PDV Dome pitch. Muarits van Nierop continued his new bowling hobby, and combined with Seelar to make use of the condtions in an economical spell.

Sean Fuller failed to impact with the bat on his debut, but Nick Hancock and Tom Halsey weren't left with much to do in guiding the Webheads home.

The Netherlands 210-8 (50 overs)
RN ten Doeschate 68, B Zuiderant 38
NS Pickup 3-31

Cricket Web XI 211-6 (42.1 overs)
AP Chaulk 47, I Markus 44, BJ Goff 39
P Seelar 3-34

Cricket Web XI won by 4 wickets.

Man of the Match: RN ten Doeschate

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Too easy. =P Solid win, never looked like losing. Spinners have gunned it this series and Ash was excellent opening the batting.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid win, good bowling from Pickup, solid batting from Chaulk and Markus. Chin up Fuller, I think my debut was worse, this is also my first score in the double digits I believe. Good stuff CW :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bit disappointing on a personal front obviously. I'd have liked to make a bigger statement after pushing for a debut for so long, but hopefully there'll be more chances.

Was a decent team effort. We'd have liked to beat the dutch by a little more I imagine, but you can't complain about a win. Great bowling on Neil's part.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW XI to play New Zealand

DP Towns
AP Chaulk (wk)
RJ Dauth
CR Butler
MW DeSilva
SE Fuller
MJ Robbins
XPA Rose
DJ Watt
NL Patrick
NS Pickup (C)

Markus, Goff, Hancock, Halsey rotated out.
Towns, DeSilva, Butler, Watt rotated in.

Daniel Towns and Dave Watt recalled to CW colours, with Brendon Goff rested.
Neil Pickup takes up the captaincy.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...and the rest of the non-Colts. But you know, whatever.

Hopefully I`ll make use of yet another chance. Does Neil being captain mean I automatically go to number eleven? :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
A bit shabby, but through all the same.

Well played to the Oranje, too. Shows we could get some nasty upsets come the WC.