• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

caribbean t20 on espn uk.

Dano.85

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
just thought i would let you guys and girls in the uk know that espn has Domestic t20 from the caribbean starting this thursday from 9pm. as far as i know its domestic west indies team's and canada.

Howsie

International Captain
Hmmm, where getting this too (which is kind of strange). Will definitely have to give it a watch.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Here's a preview with all the squads....

Caribbean T20 2010: West Indian T20 game gets a reboot | Cricket News | Caribbean T20 | Cricinfo.com

Two games are on today - Trinidad vs Canada and Jamaica vs Leewards.
Looking forward to seeing Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels and Xavier Marshall today, it would be great to see Marshall finally get his head straight because he's a wonderful batter when he's on form, also Jamaica's left-arm pacer Krishmar Santokie is one to look out for, had a successful spell in English league cricket but gave it up to persue his dream of playing for WI, now he's back in the Jamaica side and i hope he does well as having a left-arm option in the bowling unit is always a good thing.

Dano.85

Hmmm, where getting this too (which is kind of strange). Will definitely have to give it a watch.
i agree why we are getting it [in the uk] is strange but i am kind of looking forward to it.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
On at 9 pm, and an hour before that tune in to ESPN Classic for England v West Indies in the '92 WC. I don't remember the game at all, but as England had a pretty good tournament I imagine we won.

shivfan

Banned
Looking forward to seeing Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels and Xavier Marshall today, it would be great to see Marshall finally get his head straight because he's a wonderful batter when he's on form, also Jamaica's left-arm pacer Krishmar Santokie is one to look out for, had a successful spell in English league cricket but gave it up to persue his dream of playing for WI, now he's back in the Jamaica side and i hope he does well as having a left-arm option in the bowling unit is always a good thing.
The second match is too late for me....
:cool:
I'll have to be content with the Trinidad-Canada game.

Ganga wins the toss, and Trinidad will field. Dwayne Bravo opens the bowling to Patel.

Jezroy

State Captain
Yep - it is strange - but that's what you get when ESPN is just a direct feed here and Sky don't seem to worry about what is on it.

Howsie

International Captain
21 wides in just six overs, terrible it must be said. The keeping was probably as bad as the bowling though, should have taken both of them really.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I watched the Jamaican innings live here in Australia just now.

Really good to see Samuels bat, he didn't do anything special, but he just looks so assured at the crease, hope he gets selected for the Windies next tours.

Xavier Marshall batted well too, the bowling wasn't anything special though. Looking forward to watching more of the matches though.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I watched the Jamaican innings live here in Australia just now.

Really good to see Samuels bat, he didn't do anything special, but he just looks so assured at the crease, hope he gets selected for the Windies next tours.

Xavier Marshall batted well too, the bowling wasn't anything special though. Looking forward to watching more of the matches though.
What did you think of the left-arm pacer Santokie?!! he got man of the match for taking three wickets for 20, and what did you think of Andre Russell too? he got himself a wicket also, i'm delighted that X-man has cleaned himself up and is focusing on his cricket again, he went off the rails badly last year but he still has tons of potential and i hope he makes it, i also agree with you regarding Samuel, he could make a massive impact in our middle order if he finds his best form again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What did you think of the left-arm pacer Santokie?!! he got man of the match for taking three wickets for 20, and what did you think of Andre Russell too? he got himself a wicket also, i'm delighted that X-man has cleaned himself up and is focusing on his cricket again, he went off the rails badly last year but he still has tons of potential and i hope he makes it, i also agree with you regarding Samuel, he could make a massive impact in our middle order if he finds his best form again.
Mate I didn't get to see Jamaica bowl, I was just going through the sports channels and to my surprise saw Live Cricket on, so started watching the Jamaican batting innings from like the fourth ball of the innings.

Howsie

International Captain
I really hope the quality of matches pick up during this thing because both of todays games were a shambles. I realise both T&T and Jamica are the favourites to win this tournament but both Canada and the Leeward Islands were close to amateurish (which is probably right with Canada anyway). So many routine errors in the field it wasn't funny and the standard with both bat and ball wasn't funny.

The fact that guys like Powell can't play for the Leeward Islands because they're in the academy at the moment probably doesn't help, surely it would have been smart to allow them too so the level of competition is kept to a decent standard, he was in the crowd so he should have played IMO.

shivfan

Banned
The perception seems to be that Kieron Powell, rightly or wrongly, is more suited to the longer version of the game. But given the Leewards display, he probably should've played....

Barath and Marshall batted well, but Perkins seems to have lost form. Dave Mohammed is still useful in 20/20 cricket, while it's good to see Santokie among the wickets.

Windwards vs Guyana and Barbados vs CCC today....

Dano.85

i only watched the t&t vs canada game (the second one was on to late here in the uk) and i must say canada were very poor, i know they had a few players out but if thats there back up that is shocking, then again t&t looked a very good side.