• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can someone tell me about Grade cricket?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
1st Grade cricket (at least in Sydney) is an extremely high standard, and i would even say its probably the same level as County Cricket although it would never be considered that way.
I'd have to disagree at that - county cricket is poor at times, but not that poor.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by marc71178
I'd have to disagree at that - county cricket is poor at times, but not that poor.

It's debatable. Compare the NSW team (produced from Sydney Grade Cricket) and the English team and i reckon you have 2 teams of very similar strengths.

Andre

International Regular
Grade cricket is excatly the same a League cricket in England Chric just with a differant name

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by Andre
Grade cricket is excatly the same a League cricket in England Chric just with a differant name
It's classed as the same level as that, in that it's one below First Class Cricket but there is no way you can say the standard is the same.

Andre

International Regular
you would be suprised, but Australian grade cricket is a slightly better standard

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's classed as the same level as that, in that it's one below First Class Cricket but there is no way you can say the standard is the same.
But league cricket in England isn't one step below County Cricket, so it's not a fair comparison.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Andre
you would be suprised, but Australian grade cricket is a slightly better standard
Than what? League Cricket in England varies in quality, but the Northern Leagues all are very competitive.

I dont think we can easily compare the 2 in all honesty, because we have another layer before County Cricket.