• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee - Protected Species?

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
I'm glad you didnt jump to any conclusions about it then.

I didn't. I thought it was deliberate at the time and I still think it was 3 days later after seeing it over again. I'm prepared to let it go now if you don't keep bringing it up.
Why cant we be friends Scallywag? C'mon, let's go and have a beer.
:cheers:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
I didn't. I thought it was deliberate at the time and I still think it was 3 days later after seeing it over again. I'm prepared to let it go now if you don't keep bringing it up.
Why cant we be friends Scallywag? C'mon, let's go and have a beer.
:cheers:
Papa to be is in a great jolly mood today, isnt he :D

Okay. I will go home and have a beer to you and your baby.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fiery said:
Why cant we be friends Scallywag?
Because Scallywag is a one-eyed Aussie, and for him nothing can ever see someone top an Australian.
Not saying he's not a reasonably nice chap, but try to argue that someone's ousted an Aussie, you'll get nowhere.

Fiery

Banned
Richard said:
Because Scallywag is a one-eyed Aussie, and for him nothing can ever see someone top an Australian.
Not saying he's not a reasonably nice chap, but try to argue that someone's ousted an Aussie, you'll get nowhere.
I'm a one-eyed kiwi so that's fair enough I guess. He defends his nation with pride and when the Tasman war kicks off he'll be a worthy opponent. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're certainly the best one-eyed Kiwi here, but even you've managed to admit to some of the equalities of The World.
You even didn't respond to my long pro-Murali thing so I'm hoping you actually noticed I had some good points! :)

Fiery

Banned
Richard said:
You're certainly the best one-eyed Kiwi here, but even you've managed to admit to some of the equalities of The World.
You even didn't respond to my long pro-Murali thing so I'm hoping you actually noticed I had some good points! :)
You definitely put up a good argument for him Richard and would make a good defence lawyer but I'll never change my mind on that one sorry :dry:

Scallywag

Banned
Richard said:
Of course I'm one eyed Richard, I'm an Aussie that supports the Aussie team.

But you will notice that I dont rubbish players from other teams and just support players from the Aussie team. Cricket is a team game and each and every player relys on his teamates to achieve anything, to consider one player better than another can and will allways be argued both ways. I will allways just support Australia.

And I also honestly think the umpires do the best job they can and no amount of complaining from supporters will change anything. And technology will spoil the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just find it ridiculous that you say things such as "Langer 4, Vaughan 1", really - especially with the stuff ^^^ about team-game et al. Personally I do think Langer batted better than Vaughan in that series anyway (albeit Vaughan faced stiffer bowling), but you just sometimes use such ridiculous things to make Aussies come-out on top.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fiery said:
You definitely put up a good argument for him Richard and would make a good defence lawyer but I'll never change my mind on that one sorry :dry:
I'd be interested for you to have replied pointing-out what you think I'd got wrong, then.

Fiery

Banned
Richard said:
I'd be interested for you to have replied pointing-out what you think I'd got wrong, then.
I'll have to read it again mate. What thread was it in again?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Greatest bowlers of all time
Sorry if I sound overtly rude, I just tend to get very, very exasperated indeed at the Murali-chucker affair, I've had to go over the same things so many times to so many different people from everywhere you care to name.

Fiery

Banned
Richard said:
Sorry if I sound overtly rude, I just tend to get very, very exasperated indeed at the Murali-chucker affair, I've had to go over the same things so many times to so many different people from everywhere you care to name.
I remain firmly in the "I trust my ole eyes" brigade. Sometimes things can be made overly complicated by analysis. They admit that his doosra is dodgy and there is not much difference in his action from that to his stock delivery apart from the wrist which is pretty much admitting 'he has a problem but we'll just ban the one delivery to keep both sides of the argument happy'. It's a hoary old chestnut this argument and I will never be convinced that his action is OK. I guess I have to live with it now that they have changed the rules for him. I know you will roll your eyes and go over the same points as before but I think it's best if we agree to disagree on this one Richard.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Unfortunately, umpires, players, scientists, etc all say the same thing - he chucks.

Ive batted against him - he chucks.

Ive fielded for him - he chucks.

Hes a lovely bloke but at the end of the day - he chucks and nothing you or a few Sri Lankans (because that's about the only bpeople that defend his action) will change that.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
social said:
Unfortunately, umpires, players, scientists, etc all say the same thing - he chucks.
...just like pretty much everyone else. That's what the anti-Murali brigade tend to overlook...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
social said:
Except that the ideals by which he chucks have now been proven FALSE AS A SLUT!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fiery said:
I remain firmly in the "I trust my ole eyes" brigade. Sometimes things can be made overly complicated by analysis. They admit that his doosra is dodgy and there is not much difference in his action from that to his stock delivery apart from the wrist which is pretty much admitting 'he has a problem but we'll just ban the one delivery to keep both sides of the argument happy'. It's a hoary old chestnut this argument and I will never be convinced that his action is OK. I guess I have to live with it now that they have changed the rules for him. I know you will roll your eyes and go over the same points as before but I think it's best if we agree to disagree on this one Richard.
We'll have to, really, I just find it hard to believe you can use the "it gets complicated by over-analysis" argument - for me, the more analysis the better. It's been found, I repeat, beyond all question, that the old ideals are false and everyone chucks by them. By the updated ones, his wrong-'un isn't dodgy, either.