• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer dies at 58

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry to hear the news. The reaction in this thread sums up his loss to the cricket world.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolute tragedy for his family and the game.

An innovator and a gentleman

It's just been reported on Sky news that cause of death is suspected as "an overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol"

If true, we should all heed the words "it's only a game" ffs!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
So shocked. An immeasurable loss to the game of cricket. I can't really say anything here that hasn't already been said many times, so I'll just say RIP, Bob. :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
RIP Bob, the game of Cricket, and indeed the world you leave behind, are both poorer places without you. My condolences go out to family & friends.

dass

Banned
the best thing about him was he was a such a humble and softspoken person, there are so few people like that in this world, i guess the good die young.

Craig

World Traveller
I know what you mean. He was one of those people that you just couldn't believe could, you know, die. What a tragic day for cricket. RIP Bob.
The last person I can remember I felt like that in terms of cricketers was when David Hookes died.

simi

Cricket Spectator
This first week of the world cup ahs been truly action packed and that was not coz of all the cricketing action. Action on the field resulted in the shokcing exir of Pakistan from the cup and india r also almost on the brink of being thrown out.

But the death of Bob Woolmer under mysterious circumstances ias the topper among all. It is a huge loss for cricket......RIP Woolmer!!:-O :-O

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
This has been a terrible shock to the cricketing world, none less Pakistan. I must tell you I am touched by the coverage of this tragic event. I think all media but esp Pak media has been stellar. Former cricketers to journalists to even musicians and actors and even the Pres/PM have expressed their condolences.

In Pak the culture is to relate ev thing. And they are relating Bob's death to the performance to the team. I think that might have some part to play but I don't think would be the entire story. Bob was a very tough character and handled much more stressful circumstances, like the fixing scandal etc. The way I see it, the Pak players feel personally responsible for what transpired esp because of the timing of the death. I hope that wasn't the case. That will add to the sadness that engulfs us already.

Sandman

Cricket Spectator
I new it was more than just coincidence that he died on the same day as pakistan get knocked out by a crap team!