• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Board Meeting Outcome

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok a few things were discussed in the Board Meeting, thanks to everyone who participated, it was quite productive.

* Who Will Make up the board
Ive decided to restructure the board as follows
CEO: Simon
Chairman: Jamee
Vice Chairman: Cloete
Members: Greg and Andyc
Cloete will return to the board as i think his experience with WCC should be utilised. MikeW has left the board for reasons that i'll go into soon.

* Website
Mike was originally on the board to look after the website, he cant be committed to it anymore which is unfortunate but understandable, his education is a bit more important. For this reason the Website will be out of action for a while, id like to gradually get it going again and it will be sweet.

* MRC
This concept has been scrapped and we will be returning to the three strike system. Jamee is now in charge of management changes, so if a job becomes available or a sign up comes through all this will be handled by Jamee now.

* FC Sim in season 8
At thie stage we are sticking with ITC. Mainly because there isnt a better alternative, there are still some concerns with it, but its got the gig at this stage.

* Retirements
Big talking point this one, there have been some concerns that players retiring too young isnt good for the game, as a result it has been agreed that the retirements that have been simmed will be run again with a lower likelyhood of young players retiring. However the players that have already been announced in the retirement thread will still retire.

* Rookies
It seems the new rookie system (e.g less skilled ones) are the prefered option. This way of generating rookies will remain the way for next season at least.

* The Draft
With larger squads we are still deciding what format to use for the draft, ideally we would like to see no more than 8 draft rounds. At this stage One rookie and only one rookie can and must be retained for next season, however this remains open for discussion.

ok these were the major talking points, discuss...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see people trying to keep things running smoothly and keeping the 'product' fresh. Good work

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
* MRC
This concept has been scrapped and we will be returning to the three strike system. Jamee is now in charge of management changes, so if a job becomes available or a sign up comes through all this will be handled by Jamee now.
Disappointing, but understandable. So, is a manager who is handling two teams (i.e 1st and 2nd XI) treated as two separate managers, or one?

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Simon

If you need a hand with the website, I am willing to help...

Sorry I missed the end of the meeting, was time to put my son to bed. In terms of the Draft and next season, how many players can we retain?

Cloete

International Captain
That's a surprise!! I don't remember being consulted to become a board member :p. But I'd be happy to return to the board and continue to help out.

vic_orthdox said:
Disappointing, but understandable. So, is a manager who is handling two teams (i.e 1st and 2nd XI) treated as two separate managers, or one?
I think it'll be a case of you getting in your first XI in every week (or face the wrath of the 3 strikers) and then try your best to get your 2nd XI in each week. I'm sure you won't be frowned upon for missing the odd week. But it's not too much extra effort to put another team in when you do your first XI is it?

Simon

Cloete said:
That's a surprise!! I don't remember being consulted to become a board member :p. But I'd be happy to return to the board and continue to help out.

I think it'll be a case of you getting in your first XI in every week (or face the wrath of the 3 strikers) and then try your best to get your 2nd XI in each week. I'm sure you won't be frowned upon for missing the odd week. But it's not too much extra effort to put another team in when you do your first XI is it?
yeh thats exactly right, just because the MRC doesnt exist anymore doesnt mean that thinga wont be noted, if i or anyone notices that a particular team is consistently not being picked the manager will be spoken to...

Simon

Coach_Pearson said:
Simon

If you need a hand with the website, I am willing to help...

Sorry I missed the end of the meeting, was time to put my son to bed. In terms of the Draft and next season, how many players can we retain?
catch me on msn sometime, we can talk...

as for how many players we can retain for the draft i have no idea at this stage, im open for suggestions...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer dissapointed about the mrc, and also maybe not considered for a board role as i had been on the board for many years. anyway keep it up and all is good.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think there needs to be one simmer, not 3 or 4. The last thing we want is games from previous rounds being run after the next round.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah and i think 1st and 2nd XI should be simmed together whats the point in waiting for the 2nds result???

Simon

ash chaulk said:
yeah and i think 1st and 2nd XI should be simmed together whats the point in waiting for the 2nds result???
the reason 2nd XI games are run later is because some managers dont submit teams until thursday night, the extra days are needed for the 2nd XI manager to submit their side.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I think there needs to be one simmer, not 3 or 4. The last thing we want is games from previous rounds being run after the next round.
well im simming both FC and OD now, the other guys are simming the 2nd XI for a number of reasons. Firstly because its a lot of work to sim all the matches, way too much for one person to handle and also for the future when im eithr away or cant sim for a reason we have some guys than can step straight up and know the programs and how its all done...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
Yeah, I'm sorted now, because I just do them both on the Wednesday or Thursday. But earlier, had a few problems with access on the weekends and stuff.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
well im simming both FC and OD now, the other guys are simming the 2nd XI for a number of reasons. Firstly because its a lot of work to sim all the matches, way too much for one person to handle and also for the future when im eithr away or cant sim for a reason we have some guys than can step straight up and know the programs and how its all done...
Maybe there should be a simmer for 1sts and one for 2nds, then emergency back ups if required. I can understand simming being 1 or 2 days late, but almost a week is far too long. If you want to keep people interested and give strict requirements for submitting teams then you need to give something back by simming games at an appropriate time.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Maybe there should be a simmer for 1sts and one for 2nds, then emergency back ups if required. I can understand simming being 1 or 2 days late, but almost a week is far too long. If you want to keep people interested and give strict requirements for submitting teams then you need to give something back by simming games at an appropriate time.
geez its happened once, its not like Jamee has done this every week. He doesnt have access at home this week, dont know the full story. If he says he cant sim anymore and get them done reguarlly at a good time then we'll look at getting Greg or someone else to sim the 2nd XI FC games...