• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BLC2005 vs CRICKET2005

James

Cricket Web Owner
barmyarmy said:
Something simular was in the BLIC shots. When we asked RG about it he said that AI is the last thing to be tweaked so screenshots often have unrealistic scores.
Oh ok - we can still hope then can't we :D

nooga99

U19 12th Man
the screenshots from EA are crap they havnt improved the grip on the bat, look at the bowlers grip on the ball, the bowlers follow through and the batter is getting bowled without playing a shot. EA will be another let down

12th Man

U19 12th Man
cricket 2005 seems very similar to 2004,but Brian Lara is something new-ish. The only downfall is no state or county sides in BLC. Imight get both.

Link

State Vice-Captain
crciket 05 will be a dissapointment again, but i will still buy it. I will be suprised if it is any good but it wont be. especially compared to the likes of tiger woods 05, and fifa 05

Dydl

International Debutant
I'm still buying Cricket 2005. Anything that can be better than Cricket 2004...

bradman2005

Cricket Spectator
EA make crap cricket games.2002,2004 and now 2005 i cant see enything changing
i will be buying BLC because codemasters made a good game in the first BLC/SWC

v800

Cricket Spectator
I think that cricket 2005 will be better then the 04 verson but i still think it will not be a great game

dinu23

International Debutant
well, if u want correct gameplay then definietly BLC is the game to buy.
but if u can ignore the occational gameplay error then Cricket 2005 is the one to buy. It makes up for any crap by amazing graphics.(but u need a good graphics card and lots of RAM)

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
mate....how can u judge gameplay when u haven't even played the game.

The gameplay of cricket2004 had potential, there is no reason to expect the gameplay for cricket 2005 to be just as bad.

As i have said before...cricket 99 to 2002 were extremely bad cricket games. But cricket 2004 was actually quite good and had a lot of potential (its been said it many other forums as well)....other than a few bugs and the fact it was talked up were the reasons ppl were disappointed. I still enjoy playing cricket2004 expecially with the patches available and i love playing the foriegn tours and playing county and australian state cricket, which won't be available in blc2005.
There is more information and facts to back cricket 2005 will be great - you can't say that about BLC2005, other than the fact they brought out a cricket game close to 10 years ago that was only just a little improvement to what ea were producing back then as well - no ground-breaking stuff at all.

I think we have to accept that cricket games are hard to develop and to be made fun to play and i think it will take many more years for a lot of u blokes to become satisfied.

Axe

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
the_axe said:
mate....how can u judge gameplay when u haven't even played the game.

The gameplay of cricket2004 had potential, there is no reason to expect the gameplay for cricket 2005 to be just as bad.

As i have said before...cricket 99 to 2002 were extremely bad cricket games. But cricket 2004 was actually quite good and had a lot of potential (its been said it many other forums as well)....other than a few bugs and the fact it was talked up were the reasons ppl were disappointed. I still enjoy playing cricket2004 expecially with the patches available and i love playing the foriegn tours and playing county and australian state cricket, which won't be available in blc2005.
There is more information and facts to back cricket 2005 will be great - you can't say that about BLC2005, other than the fact they brought out a cricket game close to 10 years ago that was only just a little improvement to what ea were producing back then as well - no ground-breaking stuff at all.

I think we have to accept that cricket games are hard to develop and to be made fun to play and i think it will take many more years for a lot of u blokes to become satisfied.

Axe
Check out the fact of the day thing that's on CW. As far as 'facts and information' go, that looks extremely impressive and very comprehensive.

the_axe

Cricket Spectator
mate i'm talking about real facts...remember ea released information about cricket 2004 which sounded good but didn't deliver, they can say what they like but there not true facts....we r just going to have wait and see but i'm sick of ppl playing down cricket 2005.I'm aware of everything that has been released by both developers...i've visited many forums.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
the_axe said:
mate i'm talking about real facts...remember ea released information about cricket 2004 which sounded good but didn't deliver, they can say what they like but there not true facts....we r just going to have wait and see but i'm sick of ppl playing down cricket 2005.I'm aware of everything that has been released by both developers...i've visited many forums.
You haven't seen Cricket 2005 yet, so what 'facts' are you talking about?

Link

State Vice-Captain
Dydl said:
I'm still buying Cricket 2005. Anything that can be better than Cricket 2004...
exactly the same thing i was thinking when i bought 2004, but still today i play cricket 2002.
I wouldnt be suprised if its not better than BLC 99

Shoaib

Banned
Codemasters are not EA who tell lie to their customers and announce the features which are not found when u buy and take the game home.EA are just liers.They dissapointed me every time i bought their game.BLC 99 was lot better than Cricket 2004.Blc 2k5 will prove to be a base for cricket games to follow.The graphics will be be better in cricket 2005 but blc 2k5 will be the king when it comes to gameplay.Konami have been defeating EA continously for 4 years in the sale of soccer games by just concentrating on good gameplay.Its time for Codemasters now to do the same thing and kick EA out of the competition.EA think that people buy games on the basis of good graphics which is not true.BLC 2k5 will kill Cricket 2005 in all departments except the graphics.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
EA think they can lie to consumers just because they corner the market. Codemasters know they have to at least beat EA because they can't rely on their name only (even though Codemasters should be more reknowned, EA's ubiquity keeps their sales up).

Link

State Vice-Captain
Shoaib said:
.Konami have been defeating EA continously for 4 years in the sale of soccer games by just concentrating on good gameplay..
are you actually hinting that Pro evo is better than FiFa, give me a break......... :dry: