• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better player : Bumrah or Headley ?

Bumrah vs George Headley

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I don’t personally consider him having great longevity - after the war he played 3 tests and averaged 13.75. Obviously not his fault but yeah.

I tend to look at just his career before the war, but thats just me.

Anyway I have George and Graeme rounding out my top 20, I think Bumrah is approaching that point too. But in general I don’t like comparing batsmen and bowlers so meh.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There are people who rate historical players even when their careers were short due to some circumstances and that's ok. You don't like to extrapolate from small careers and that's ok too. There's no point in being shocked and mocking people for how they treat these specific set of players.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
There are people who rate historical players even when their careers were short due to some circumstances and that's ok. You don't like to extrapolate from small careers and that's ok too. There's no point in being shocked and mocking people for how they treat these specific set of players.
He is bitter with the comparison of Headly vs Tendulkar

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arguable for Bumrah at this point if you consider only tests, but it's obviously a little unfair because the war disrupted Headley's career. He deserves bonus points for carrying a minnow lineup too. Breaking through that barrier to be recognized universally as an ATG player is a great feat.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Except for the point that Tendulkar wouldn’t improve WI middle order order in ATXI . But nice try
I just tried to explain it in the other thread, so not typing twice.

But the cliff notes, the argument was that it wouldn't be a significant improvement, which it can be argued it wouldn't.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I just tried to explain it in the other thread, so not typing twice.

But the cliff notes, the argument was that it wouldn't be a significant improvement, which it can be argued it wouldn't.
I read your point in the other thread and while I rate Headley significantly high; it is equivalent of saying Marshall won't improve Pakistan significantly.