• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/worst/most hilarious miscommunications in Cricket

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
100% agree. Just doesn't add up at all, especially as they were talking for a decent amount of time.
Yeah well you'd think so but Steve Smith himself told the story!!

"We weren't entirely sure. I sort of said 'go'. As in go, have a look at it," Smith said.

"He sort of turned around and started walking, so I should have probably put my hands up and done it.
Australia v India Test series 2017: Mix-up between Smith and Marsh a turning point

Unless you think the Sydney Morning Herald is reporting on alternative facts.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno; I thought Richardson communicated his situation particularly effectively there.
Nearly a Wilhelm scream. Not quite.

One actual miscommunication I remember involving pain and indignity was Younis Khan getting hit in the box by Hamish Bennett of all people, seen here in appalling quality. The 'magic' spray is something I wouldn't want near there.