• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test century amongst these in winning cause ?

Best Test century under pressure

• Total voters

Slifer

International Captain
Name a successful attacking minded batsman who didn't give his opposition opportunities?

Any form of attacking cricket comes with risks. The fact that he succeeded as much as he did despite giving opposition so many opportunities must be more of a plus point than minus.
And against Australia aka the best fielding team of his time (along with RSA).

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Should do a second poll between the 3 leading innings from this poll. And then one more if none gets >50% votes.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Should do a second poll between the 3 leading innings from this poll. And then one more if none gets >50% votes.
You can do and also add Gooch 154 as it shouldn’t have been missed.

I will do another poll of great centuries scored in 1st/2nd innings.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I voted for Lara's 153 vs Australia, but I'm surprised there is a performance that doesn't even make this top 100 knocks list in Day's of Grace post , and that is Shai Hope's twin hundreds at Headingley in 2017 .. Especially the 118 not out in the fourth innings chasing 322 ..

Anderson, Broad , Woakes , Stokes and Ali are a handful in English conditions...
West Indies had no batsman in their line up that averages 40 and above , even Hope himself only has a career average of 25 .. Headingley is not an easy place to bat in fact Shai Hope remains the only batsman in First Class history to score two hundreds in the same match at the venue.
I have just checked Shai Hope's twin tons:

118* in the 4th innings 14.71 (rank 123)
147 in the 2nd innings 12.86

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
From an aesthetic view point, Lara and Laxman are a billion miles above others. Otherwise Perera(only challenger is Gooch 154), Laxman, Lara, Stokes, Smith, Botham, in that order