• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best player of each type

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Batsman, pace bowler, spinner, all-rounder – who are the best in the tourney?

At this stage I'd say, pace bowler is Bumrah

Somewhat controversially, I'd say best spinner has been Kuldeep. Zampa and Santner may have taken more wickets but Kuldeep has kept it very tight, hardly bowled any bad balls and applied lot of pressure in middle overs.

Best all-rounder probably Janesen

Batsmen – too many choices. Ravindra, De Kock, Rohit, Rizwan, Warner. Probably a handful of others too. No clear winner to me.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Best in the tourney by type.

Opener: Rohit
Middle Order batsman: Kohli
Keeper: Rahul
All-rounder: Jadeja
Spinner: Kuldeep
Pacer: Bumrah
Third pacer: Shami

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somewhat controversially, I'd say best spinner has been Kuldeep.
Agree that's controversial considering the best spinner is clearly Glenn Phillips whose 6 wickets have come at an average of 17 (mostly top order bats including Smith and Root) significantly better than Kuldeep's average of 26, and ER of 4.68 only marginally worse than Kuldeep's 4.50 to date.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Opener: Rohit
Middle Order batsman: Markram or Kohli I guess
Keeper: De Kock
Batting all rounder: Ravindra
Bowling All rounder: Jansen
Spinner: *sigh* Zampa
Pacer: Chris Woakes

HouHsiaoHsien

State Captain
Batsman, pace bowler, spinner, all-rounder – who are the best in the tourney?

At this stage I'd say, pace bowler is Bumrah

Somewhat controversially, I'd say best spinner has been Kuldeep. Zampa and Santner may have taken more wickets but Kuldeep has kept it very tight, hardly bowled any bad balls and applied lot of pressure in middle overs.

Best all-rounder probably Janesen

Batsmen – too many choices. Ravindra, De Kock, Rohit, Rizwan, Warner. Probably a handful of others too. No clear winner to me.
Agreed on the Kuldeep matter. Santner might be close but got hit in the last match. Zampa’s been brave but on a day when he’s not lucky he’s gonna go for runs. A lot of his wickets have come when Aus were defending 350+, meaning the opposition bats were gonna come hard at him. Credit to him for being brave, but Kuldeep and Santner have clearly been better.

HouHsiaoHsien

State Captain
Batsmen: QDK/Rohit
Bowler overall: Bumrah
Pace bowler: Bumrah
Spinner: Kuldeep(Santa very very close)
Middle Order: Rachin(if Kohli has as much as scored a fifty vs Eng, id have taken him, cause Rachin's knocks except vs Ind, have come on batting friendly pitches)
AR: Jansen
Captain: Babar(kidding, its Rohit)
Player of the tournament so far: Jansen/Bumrah

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
My opinion:

Best Top Order Batsman - Rachin Ravindra
Best Middle Order Batsman - Daryll Mitchell
Best Lower Batsman - Scott Edwards

Best Keeper - Quinton De Kock
Best Batting All Rounder - Glenn Phillips
Best Bowling All Rounder - Marco Jansen