• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best losing performance you have seen?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I didn't see any of it, as I was backpacking. But NZ v Australia test series in NZ in 2000 where they lost 3 nil.

From what I understand it was hard to ask for more, played excellently, every game in the balance, but lost to one of the best ever.

Pre-Back injury Vettori on fire.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nathan Astle at Christchurch on our 2002 tour.

Never seen a batsman more in "the zone". England had set NZ well over 500 to win and his 222 got them to within double digits of it.

Still the fastest double hundred ever.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Never seen a batsman more in "the zone". England had set NZ well over 500 to win and his 222 got them to within double digits of it.

True, but given he dropped a dolly from Graham Thorpe when he was on 4, and Thorpe scored a double...does suggest in an obtuse sort of way that he only made 18.

I'll never forget that day, I was batting at the time and wondered what the hooping and hollering from the clubrooms was. Was pretty filthy on a) missing it (although I bought the DVD and watched it several times over, the ODI series was epic too) b) my team mates for not giving a **** we were 80-9 and trying to dig the rest of them out of a hole.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Bond's 6 fer vs Australia in the 2003 World Cup. He absolutely destroyed an ATG great batting lineup before Bevan, Bichel and Lee (the latter with the ball) won it for Australia.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Basically the last 7/8 years of Shiv's career tbh. The guy was incredible. Unfortunately everyone else was not....

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Shri

Mr. Glass

watched it live on tv

was sick a lot as a kid and not in school but i always had cricket:laugh: