• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best grounds to watch cricket

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Funnily enough I work at Etihad Stadium & yeah, it is quite a nice venue for all kinds of sports.

Another nice venue to go to is the MCG for Shield games. With the stands almost completely vacant you can hear a great echo that resonates around the amphitheater when the ball is struck hard. Plus, with only 200 or so spectators at the ground it's really easy to interact with the players & there will undoubtedly always be at least one yobbo yelling idiotic crap at the top of their lungs to be heard by everyone. Great stuff.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Headingley used to be my favourite place to watch cricket because it used to be right by my house. That was a big plus

These days I guess TB

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reckon Headingley is my favourite. I know that proves my lancs ways to be token but well we knew that didn't we? I'm from the good side of the Mersey so could never call myself a Lancastrian. ****ing hate Bolton too much. Don't get me wrong like, Lancs>>all but Headingley is my favourite place to watch cricket
I have no memory of writing this post

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Reckon Headingley is my favourite. I know that proves my lancs ways to be token but well we knew that didn't we? I'm from the good side of the Mersey so could never call myself a Lancastrian. ****ing hate Bolton too much. Don't get me wrong like, Lancs>>all but Headingley is my favourite place to watch cricket
We are slowly turning you from the dark side(of the pennines)..

Stapel

International Regular
The sold out Kensington oval in Trinidad for a cpl t20 game a few years ago. Unbelievable atmosphere bands playing in the stands everyone dancing and loving the cricket. Must have been a throwback to the how the grounds used to be during the windies glory days.
The all out bar in the pavilion was lively after the game too, turned into a nightclub open until 4am! Dwyane bravo took over on the mic from the dj and ross taylor on the dance floor looking a bit worse for wear and we're the rest of his team mates!
Kensington is in Barbados, not?

Been there to a day 5 WI-Aus Test that was decided after tea on a full house day 5. Quite a thing!

Tom Flint

International Regular
Kensington is in Barbados, not?

Been there to a day 5 WI-Aus Test that was decided after tea on a full house day 5. Quite a thing!
Sorry I meant the queens park oval in Trinidad. I've been to both. Nothing beats watching cricket in a sold out Caribbean ground

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As an Essex CCC member, I enjoy Chelmsford. Currently sitting watching the rain at the SCG, which is still better than watching actual cricket at the Gabba these days, since they turned it into a giant, soulless salad bowl. Have been to Lord's but not watched a game there, it's on the bucket list.

North Sydney is charming, but you need to wear a helmet as its so small you'll get hit by a six every third over. Likewise Bradman Oval at Bowral.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Love the MAC Stadium at Chennai. Situated well within the main city (used to be the heart of the city) right next to the beach, now with the new style of stands allowing the sea breeze from all sides into the ground, still retaining the cauldron type atmosphere... Best part was, till 2 years ago, I was living literally 5 mins (by walk) from the ground. Damn 2013 changed everything. :(

Shady Slim

International Coach
i've been to the gabba and the scg

they're both very good but i'd have to lean towards the scg

that said

people from my cricket team say newlands in cape town is glorious

burr

State Vice-Captain
Went to Lords for the first time last summer and it was hands down the most special cricket atmosphere I've experienced. However the 'cheap' seats (70 odd for a ticket) where I was with the concrete stand directly over your head blocking out all sunshine did not a good cricket watching experience make.

tomfam

Cricket Spectator
HPCA stadium,Dharamsala in India and Sheikh Zayedy stadium in Abu Dhabhi are the best grounds for watching cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My ranking of cricket grounds I've watched international cricket at:

1. Adelaide Oval
2. Lords
3. SCG
4. Basin Reserve
5. Trent Bridge
6. MCG
7. The Rose Bowl
8. Etihad Stadium (Melb)
9. Homebush (Sydney)
10. Rajiv Gandhi (Hyderabad) - tbf to it, I was there post bomb scare where the security was incredible (no phones, no newspapers allowed in the ground and other bull****)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Always hear a lot of love for Headingley. Really want to go there one day. Definitely on my list of English cricket grounds to attend and watch India get walloped by England as is my tradition (I was like 2 days away from being able to attend India's win at Lord's in 2014 :()

Is the Oval a good ground?

_Ed_

I didn't love The Oval when I went to a county game there, but that was about 15 years ago. It looks fantastic now, after its redevelopment.

Marius

International Debutant
Wanderers and Newlands are both pretty good. Centurion is also not bad, but doesn't have the character of the other two.

vcs

Love the MAC Stadium at Chennai. Situated well within the main city (used to be the heart of the city) right next to the beach, now with the new style of stands allowing the sea breeze from all sides into the ground, still retaining the cauldron type atmosphere... Best part was, till 2 years ago, I was living literally 5 mins (by walk) from the ground. Damn 2013 changed everything. :(
Lucky you. Some epic matches have happened there as well.

I've been to the Chinnaswamy a couple of times. Was a wonderful experience watching the first day of the recently washed game against SA.