• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fielder

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umm matthew hayden is as good as any, with the exception of fielding at first slip of spinners.

Cloete

International Captain
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
I only put in Vincent cos he is the most talented of the Kiwis
How could u forget about Chris Harris????? Look how old he is and he still is probably the best new zealand fielder. i think jonty and ponting r equal. i picked jonty however as i fell he is very courageous being a diabetic and stuff.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
What about Gibbs, from what I've seen of him hes an amazing fielder able to roll over and hit the stumps with either arm, and Hussain of England, if you saw that catch he pulled off against India you wouldn't be saying no English Cricketer can field!:P

Legglancer

State Regular
In my openion Jonty by far is still the best fielder today. Although I think he has definitely lost some speed over the years. The most spectacular breath-taking fielder I've seen is Gus Logie who played for WI.This Guy was absolutely amazing to watch.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by Rik
What about Gibbs, from what I've seen of him hes an amazing fielder able to roll over and hit the stumps with either arm, and Hussain of England, if you saw that catch he pulled off against India you wouldn't be saying no English Cricketer can field!:P
Which catch are you talking about? The one handed diving one this summer was against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge - that was excellent. And then there's James Kirtley... :saint:

There is a contigent that won't give England credit for anything - just don't rise to it.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
There is a contigent that won't give England credit for anything - just don't rise to it.
I hope you're not putting me on that list. I try so hard to find something good about the England team; sometimes I even find it :lol:

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Talking of Kirtley, what's the news on his action? Will he be back on any time soon? How does he compare to Simon Jones and Harmison at the county level?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by full_length
I hope you're not putting me on that list. I try so hard to find something good about the England team; sometimes I even find it :lol:
Can you tell us what it is then if you find it as I'm dying to know!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Talking of Kirtley, what's the news on his action? Will he be back on any time soon? How does he compare to Simon Jones and Harmison at the county level?
AFAIK he's been cleared. Still think the way his "dubious" action was brought into the public eye should've been investigated more.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kirtley was cleared after re-modelling his action and dispite a slightly dodgy start and some equally dodgy performances in the Triangluar ODI series this summer but he was taking his usual 70-odd wickets in First Class Cricket for Sussex

[Edited on 1/10/2002 by Rik]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it was Against Sri Lanka, my damn memory! Kirtleys was amazing...a bit of a freak one and Irani's was pretty good too, all in all a very good series for fielding...I've love to see the Aussie's faces when Hussain pulls another off against them, although Vaughn is allways put down as a great fielder I don't rate him really even though he pulled off a great one in the C&G Final...he drops too many, and before this season of dead pitches I didn't rate him as a batsman either!

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Vaughan is a pretty good batsman. He is comfortable at the big league, and has shown that he can play a big knock or two.

It's a mistake to assume whenever big scores have been made that the pitches were dead.

For instance, in Vaughan's most successful series, one of four matches was played in a truly dead pitch. He scored well throughout.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
Can you tell us what it is then if you find it as I'm dying to know!
Much as I try to wish it away I find that England can fight it out on the cricket ground :D

And then there's Tres.

Also, if there are so many injuries (shoot your physio... hope he's not on cricketweb!) England are now finally finding young players, and finding some potentially good cricketers.

Alright I'm not going to sleep well tonght.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Originally posted by WCCC_SOMERSET
Originally posted by Sunil Havascar
I only put in Vincent cos he is the most talented of the Kiwis
How could u forget about Chris Harris????? Look how old he is and he still is probably the best new zealand fielder. i think jonty and ponting r equal. i picked jonty however as i fell he is very courageous being a diabetic and stuff.
I thought about putting Chris Harris there. he certainly is a great fielder but I feel he is just not quite a spectacular as Vincent (with vincents youthful enthusiasm/athleticism).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Would I F_L... You know who I mean ;)

The Hussain catch v SL was incredible... all the more funny for the fact that the vast majority of our school group was looking at the free chicken being passed round at the time, therefore missing it :D

Kimbo

International Debutant
No doubt Harris is a great fielder. I just cant look past lou vincent in the nz side since that catch he took against erm.. england i think.
A full stretch dive to his left, just getting his fingers under the ball- went to the tv ump too.