• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/Favourite Cricketing Venues?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lords and SCG for Tests.

MCG is overrated IMO.

Ive been to 4 AFL Grand Finals and 2 Boxing Day Tests and it loses something because it is just too big.

Lords and SCG are smaller and reek of atmosphere and history.

Must say that Im looking forward to a few rums in the stands of the WI at the next World Cup. My opinion will probably change as the day goes on. :D

Blaze

Banned
Probably a better question would be - What ground would you like to play on if given the choice of playing a game of cricket on any ground in the world?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Favourite grounds..

NorthWest Stadium, Potchefstroom
Centurion Park, Pretoria
Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Goodyear Park, Bloemfontein (Donald's home turf, lovely ground and city IMO)
Boland Bank Park, Paarl (stunning place)
Derby (bit of a hole but its the only ground in England with big grass banks)
Newlands, Cape Town (because SA always win!)
New Wanderers, Johannesburg
Basin Reserve, Wellington
Millfield School, Glastonbury (superb views, great facilities)
Canford College, Bournemouth (goregous backdrop)
Bridgtown Oval, England (Famous club ground in a really deep valley)

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Blaze said:
Probably a better question would be - What ground would you like to play on if given the choice of playing a game of cricket on any ground in the world?
Wanderers, Full house.. Not if I'm playing for England though!

Last edited:

Link

State Vice-Captain
ahh how could i forget my home away from home, my beloved yorkshire. I wouldnt mind playing at headingley

Sudeep

International Captain
Queenstown maybe, that's where I myself would love to play cricket.

But for watching, umm... I've only been to 3-4, so I'll try picking only from them - The Oval.

Sudeep

International Captain
Boland Park in SAF is another favourite, purely from the aesthetic point of view...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sudeep said:
Boland Park in SAF is another favourite, purely from the aesthetic point of view...

I was just going to say that "Looks like Queenstown!" Most beautiful place in SA I reckon

Sudeep

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
I was just going to say that "Looks like Queenstown!" Most beautiful place in SA I reckon
Absolutely amazing pics...

Pity they're not available in large size...

Link

State Vice-Captain
i would still not mind laying at lords, just for the meaning of the occasion, and hey, it does not look so bad

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
Uh, Sudeep if you hit OT, Ill shove some slightly better pics from the area (Paarl, Worcester) up in the "Places of the World" thread before the night is out..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I've watched cricket at Queenstown - no better place on a nice day.
I like the new ground in Dunedin - University Oval - they've done a very nice job with it.

Carisbrook is good if my belly is packed full of booze.