• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Batting Partner

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mo Yo (formerly Yo Yo)... He would run himself out, saving us the workload. And I would be able to make McGrathesque statements like "you owe me 50 test hundreds" or something like that. ;)

deeps

International 12th Man
Waugh of the Steve variety, or Shahid Afridi.

Would love to see the ball getting launched around the park, and not having to run much.

Regarding S. Waugh's run out drama's, i'm guessing alot would have had to do with the farming of strike which resulted in some tight calls.

Craig

World Traveller
benchmark00 said:
Mark Waugh, have a laugh, relax. Batting's supposed to be fun.
And not watch where each other is running. Hey I hear those hositpal nurses are hot :naughty:

tooextracool

International Coach
One would think that the ideal batting partner would be someone who deals in boundaries as opposed to someone like Bevan who is far more likely to make his partner scramble all over the place as well as the fact that hes likely to be a lot faster than his partner(and probably have better stamina too).
So someone who is a safe runner between the wicket as well as deals considerably in boundaries would be the best batting partner, so i would guess that Pietersen, Afridi or Tendulkar wouldnt be a bad bet.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
One would think that the ideal batting partner would be someone who deals in boundaries as opposed to someone like Bevan who is far more likely to make his partner scramble all over the place as well as the fact that hes likely to be a lot faster than his partner(and probably have better stamina too).
So someone who is a safe runner between the wicket as well as deals considerably in boundaries would be the best batting partner, so i would guess that Pietersen, Afridi or Tendulkar wouldnt be a bad bet.
I disagree, personally, I hate when my batting partner is scoring faster than me (Bring on the :naughty:'s!!). It puts pressure on me to increase my scoring rate, even though it's not neccesary, just a mentality I have, I hate being shown up.

But I also hate when it's up to me to do all the scoring, i think there has to be a nice balance.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
And the nominations for Unnecessary Use of the Naughty Smiley are...
But maybe in 3333333's mind, it's oh so horribly necessary?

*shudder*

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
But I also hate when it's up to me to do all the scoring, i think there has to be a nice balance.
A big exponent of the wingman, I'm guessing?

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Dean Jones......purely for the reason that it gives me the chance to whack him as hard as I could with the bat when we are crossing