• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Attack

Best quartet

• Total voters

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, pretty simple. Which of these three would be the best ATG bowling attack. Which would complement each other the best and be the most balanced and likely to bowl out the opposition.

subshakerz

International Coach
I went for the first.

Marshall is the best overall swinger, McGrath is the best seamer, Warne the best spinner.

Imran is the greatest reverse swinger IMO in history, Wasim may be more skilled but Imran was more destructive.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Where is the option for Hadlee, Warne, Steyn, McGrath?

Out of these players listed, that is the combination I think would be the best attack, regardless of batting. Went for Marshall, Warne, Steyn, McGrath in its absence.

subshakerz

International Coach
Where is the option for Hadlee, Warne, Steyn, McGrath?

Out of these players listed, that is the combination I think would be the best attack, regardless of batting. Went for Marshall, Warne, Steyn, McGrath in its absence.
I prefer Imran over Steyn. Better at reverse and Steyn/McGrath/Marshall are three who are hard to separate with the new ball.

Plus I worry of Steyn being spanked as the others are all tight.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I answered why earlier, but I'll add an additional two options.

Hopefully doesn't mess up the early votes
I changed my answer to Imran, Marshall, Murali, McGrath.

But, now I want a Hadlee, Steyn, Murali, McGrath option. Or better yet, an Ambrose, Steyn, Murali, McGrath option, if we're getting to add in additional bowlers.😛

Truth is, you'll never satisfy everyone in this sort of exercise. There are simply too many good options, and permutations of them.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i’ll stick with with my 3 best pacers of all time. I find Murali/Warne equal/impossible to split as bowlers, plus I’m Aussie so I take Warne.

Hadlee/Marshall/Warne/McGrath

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i’ll stick with with my 3 best pacers of all time. I find Murali/Warne equal/impossible to split as bowlers, plus I’m Aussie so I take Warne.

Hadlee/Marshall/Warne/McGrath
Agree with you and AnkitJ Murali should be included and they are almost impossible to separate and it is a little objectable that it's always presumed that Warne is the automatic choice.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I changed my answer to Imran, Marshall, Murali, McGrath.

But, now I want a Hadlee, Steyn, Murali, McGrath option. Or better yet, an Ambrose, Steyn, Murali, McGrath option, if we're getting to add in additional bowlers.😛

Truth is, you'll never satisfy everyone in this sort of exercise. There are simply too many good options, and permutations of them.
Fully convinced now that it's just trying to be contrarian.