• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best and worst Triple Century and above knock ?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha the highlights video of that spell is just shoaib spamming 150 kph yorkers constantly, insane to watch
Haha, that's all it took. I'd love to see the full spell. Shoaib didn't bowl in the second innings, I can't remember if he was injured but it must've been a huge relief. Then the Karachi bombing happened, I think that was the one where if the players had been a bit ahead of schedule, they would've been right in the area where the explosion went off.

Sunil1z

International Regular
The McCullum 300, obviously I'm seen as a Baz sycophant, but that was about as cool as it gets. It literally stopped a lot of the nation, who got around TV sets on the morning of day 5 to see him bring up triple figures. He scored 224 in the previous Test, too, having gone 3 years without a Test hundred, copping heat for the Ross Taylor captaincy fiasco/all out 45 in Cape Town etc. It was a huge turning point in Baz's career, NZ's confidence and the public perception of our team.
God forbid if NZ had won that game , it would have been VVS 281 in reverse for our Team .
So, the match result atleast makes the knock less frustrating.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, that's all it took. I'd love to see the full spell. Shoaib didn't bowl in the second innings, I can't remember if he was injured but it must've been a huge relief. Then the Karachi bombing happened, I think that was the one where if the players had been a bit ahead of schedule, they would've been right in the area where the explosion went off.
He did his hamstring on the ball he bowled for the last wicket

Sunil1z

International Regular
It wasn't any less frustrating. It sealed the series for NZ.
Would slightly differ with you here . If you remember in 2009 tour to NZ ( before 2014 Test series) , IND managed to draw a Test from a similar situation after trailing by 350 runs courtesy Gambhir knock . So , I consider this Test( McCullum 300) a payback for that drawn Test in 2009 tour .

shortpitched713

International Captain
Absolutely. Clarke especially. He had over 2 days left in the game and could easily have gone for the record.

Declaring when he did was actually more selfish than batting on because he clearly did it to make himself look like he's unselfish. Ironic
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
The collective spin attack was laughable, but Motz, Taylor and Collinge is on paper a decent pace attack. Arguably better than the bowling Hanif, Hammond, or Hayden scored theirs against.

I'd be tempted to put Hammond's as the worst due the bowling, which might well be the weakest overall of the lot. Or Sandham's.
I think Shoaib Akthar played in Taylor's triple Ton match.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
He did. As did Md Zahid and Mushtaq Ahmed i think. But the deck was insanely flat. The story goes that Wasim, who iirc was injured, left the ground before lunch on day one saying he’d seen enough and Taylor would make a triple. Probably apocryphal but a good yarn if true.
I guess, regardless of deck conditions, you still have to go out there and make the runs. Shoaib from memory was quick too. But yeah most big scores were made on flat decks.

Taylor's 334 not out, still the equal highest score by an Australian Test batsman away from home/outside Australia.