• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best allrounder

Which allrounder will be considered the best (in 20 years)?)?

• Ashwin

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Jadeja

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Shakib

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Holder

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Stokes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • CDG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Mayers

• A N Other

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Mitchell

• Faheem

• Mulder

• Total voters

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
In 20 years which of these players will be considered the best? Why?

You can have 3 votes as there are so many options.

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Debutant
The answer is obviously Jadeja.

Seriously, one of Jadeja/Shakib tbh. The others are either too inconsistent/worse to be on the same level and Green is a massive question mark where his career could be anything (especially if you consider injuries can happen).

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin is the greatest bowler, Jadeja the CW fan favourite, CDG the best to watch, Shakib the greatest currently, Holder - Mr Reliable, Stokes the one who has played the most memorable innings, Mitchell the best batsman but struggling with bowling, Green the one with the greatest ceiling (could be a superstar), and golden arm Mayers the player with the best statistics. Also Faheem perhaps lacks the x-factor, and Mulder is yet to show his talent with the bat in the test arena.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Purely as an allrounder, Shakib. Maybe followed by Stokes if he can remain less injury hit and bowl more. And Jaddu if he can keep up his batting form without his bowling form dipping.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Aaron Hardie is another young all-rounder from Australia who I reckon will be talked about a ton in 20 years.

He came through the same WA age group setup as green and clearly had a high ceiling from the start of his professional career. Made a 100 vs an attack with Cummins and haze in premier cricket, took a few wickets and made 60 odd vs a touring indian side including the wicket of Kohli in one of his first red ball appearances, dismissed root in a tour game and made a back to the wall 4th day hundred to bail WA out in the 2020 shield season .

Struggled to get a consistent place in the WA side due to injury and other options, but got a consistent GIG last summer and went beast mode. Took wickets for fun at the back end of the last shield season and made 180* in the shield final to win WA the trophy.
Got his maiden A-team callup last week and is doing well for them, took 3/60 and made 65 coming in at 5/60 in his Redball A-team debut and made a solid 60-odd to rescue them from a collapse in one of the white ball games while being extremely economical.

Averages 46/24 in Redball ATM, don't think he'll play too much for Australia if green fulfills his potential, he doesn't seem good enough to play as a frontline bowler and I doubt weyll ever need 2 pace bowling all-rounders in the top 7

Gob

International Coach
Lol at people who think shakibull is better than stokes

Probably better at losing his ****. Even that is questionable when you consider their respective night lives

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aaron Hardie is another young all-rounder from Australia who I reckon will be talked about a ton in 20 years.

He came through the same WA age group setup as green and clearly had a high ceiling from the start of his professional career. Made a 100 vs an attack with Cummins and haze in premier cricket, took a few wickets and made 60 odd vs a touring indian side including the wicket of Kohli in one of his first red ball appearances, dismissed root in a tour game and made a back to the wall 4th day hundred to bail WA out in the 2020 shield season .

Struggled to get a consistent place in the WA side due to injury and other options, but got a consistent GIG last summer and went beast mode. Took wickets for fun at the back end of the last shield season and made 180* in the shield final to win WA the trophy.
Got his maiden A-team callup last week and is doing well for them, took 3/60 and made 65 coming in at 5/60 in his Redball A-team debut and made a solid 60-odd to rescue them from a collapse in one of the white ball games while being extremely economical.

Averages 46/24 in Redball ATM, don't think he'll play too much for Australia if green fulfills his potential, he doesn't seem good enough to play as a frontline bowler and I doubt weyll ever need 2 pace bowling all-rounders in the top 7
Does your first paragraph not contradict your last? I doubt he'll be talked about a ton if he barely plays international cricket.

Aritro

International Regular
I think this post is going be considered a brilliant post which I reckon will be talked about a ton in 20 years.

There's tremendous scope for it to be a brilliant post, and even at this nascent stage, it compares well to some other posts.

It faltered as a post for a while, but there are other reasons why it could still become one.

But based on the available evidence it hasn't done enough to be considered that brilliant, especially if other posts fulfill their potential. It doesn't seem good enough to qualify as a frontpage post and I doubt we'll need too many posts like this in a top 7