• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BBC get Ashes highlights!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No. I was looking into getting it yesterday, but it would cost me an extra £24 a week, which is money I can't afford quite simply. :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
nah the cheapest package including the sports is £34 a month (£17 for the first 3). If you want everything(including the movies) its about £43 a month

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
luffy said:
And the English say they are the most passionate cricket supporters!!
It is still shown here just on Sky Digital and considering the prices they pay to watch it on Sky instead of free terrestrial TV I'd say yes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
nah the cheapest package including the sports is £34 a month (£17 for the first 3). If you want everything(including the movies) its about £43 a month
I pay £37 for mine sans films. :-O ****ing Murdoch...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ooops I meant £24 a month. I'm with ntl. I don't know what I'm paying atm, as the phone and telly rolls into one bill and the missus just hands me it at the end of the moth and I pay it LOL. But getting Sky Sports would be an extra £24.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Typical BBC, they get the main big names and something as big as the Ashes in highlight form and they stick it on at friggin 11.15pm on BBC2. If it was horse racing it'd get a slot on prime time on BBC1.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And of course that would have nothing to do with the stipulations set down by Sky regarding when they can show highlights would it?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
contract stipulates that the highlights cannot be shown until 10pm - why they are then delayed to 11.15 on BBC2 is thge mystery.

They are available on interactive at 10

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it's something to do with Newsnight having to be at a fairly constant time - and they're doing the right thing with Interactive really - the majority of people have some form of way of accessing that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The fact that they've got to please more than a handful of cricket fans?

If they had a separate channel for it then I'd agree, but the fact remains that with only 2 channels, it'll be shown late at night so as not to disrupt regular programmes.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
apparently the plan is that the highlights finish ten minutes before the start of play, then they'll go live to the ground and speak to the experts. 3 of the tests start at midnight i think, one at half 12 and the Perth is at about 2

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
apparently the plan is that the highlights finish ten minutes before the start of play, then they'll go live to the ground and speak to the experts. 3 of the tests start at midnight i think, one at half 12 and the Perth is at about 2
Decent thought and if I can not stay up every night doubtlessly I will check out a couple of shows though I do believe Sky will be showing primetime highlights.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Oh right cheers SKD. Could have sworn the odd Test does start around the 11:30 mark though IIRC (from prevous series' I mean).