• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
How we got past Hellsreach is a bit of a mystery. Okay manybe it is the flat wicket negating their bowling advantage. Maybe...

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
Battrick's youth generation is strange. I have a Superb Academy and put 12 ITS each into Batting and Concentration and get this guy. How'd I end up with a bowler?

Screenshot_20221128-143213~2.png

cnerd123

likes this
The base skills are randomly generated and the ITS applied is on top of that. So you got a Comp/Feeble bowler pre ITS. Had you put the ITS on top of that he'd have been a Respectable bowler, which is pretty awesome.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marvin Howard (5664684)
Marvin is a defensive RH Batter, and a defensive RH finger spin Bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For:Ashgrove Astronauts
Nationality:Ireland
Battrick Rating:5,099
Wages:£822 p/w
Preference:None
Trait:None
Stamina:feebleWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:worthlessConcentration:worthless
Bowling:respectableConsistency:mediocre
Fielding:mediocre

Like this guy?

Which weeks are the best to pull players in?

cnerd123

likes this
Weeks 1, 2, 3 and 5. 4 full ITS pulls, and then you have enough time left to build up to 100 ITS again till next season.

cnerd123

likes this
I’ve got no other 17yo in my squad atm. Let’s go nuts
4 bwl 1 stam and 1 field the way to go
I'd also drop 1 bat on him out of curiosity - supposedly the skills should train up quickly at the lower levels, so if you can get him up to Comp by the time he's 19 that's real value.

cnerd123

likes this
Tbh at your level I'd consider making the Fielding and Stamina nets as Squad Training. 4 bwl 1 bat on Howard. Leaves 3 primary nets you can put on those two. Should build you a couple of decent squad fillers until you find your next key trainee.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boris Cornell (5675075)
Boris is a destructive RH Batter, and an attacking RH finger spin Bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and abysmalexperience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Battrick Rating:7,711
Wages:£1,701 p/w
Stamina:woefulWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:respectableConcentration:mediocre
Bowling:respectableConsistency:abysmal
Fielding:woeful

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Boris Cornell (5675075)
Boris is a destructive RH Batter, and an attacking RH finger spin Bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and abysmalexperience.

Battrick Rating:7,711
Wages:£1,701 p/w
Stamina:woefulWicket Keeping:abysmal
Batting:respectableConcentration:mediocre
Bowling:respectableConsistency:abysmal
Fielding:woeful
I think you have an allrounder potential here. I was advised to smack 7 nets on a similar prospect for Kenya under 19s

3 bowling
1 stamina
1 keeping
1 batting
1 fielding

You could go 3 batting and 1 bowling if you are more interested in a batting allrounder (I think)

Boy_Blunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think you have an allrounder potential here. I was advised to smack 7 nets on a similar prospect for Kenya under 19s

3 bowling
1 stamina
1 keeping
1 batting
1 fielding

You could go 3 batting and 1 bowling if you are more interested in a batting allrounder (I think)
Just curious, what's the advantage of giving him a keeping net?