• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

cnerd123

likes this
Well the livev scorecard is still pretty....erm prophetic
lol. It does that when the game is over. If you log in while the game is still live it will take you to the commentary.

Great game! We put out my 2nd XI, seems like they matched up perfectly. Should definitely do a rematch ASAP.

cnerd123

likes this
Also I can't believe that was Onesmus Kirui's first ever 50! Career highest of 5 before today and came against an entire bowling attack of Resp+ bowlers. Quite a hidden little gem you've got there!

Also seems like the difference between the two sides was that my Worthless batters combined for 17 runs in 47 balls for 1 dismissal, with one six to boot! Cracking game haha.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Also I can't believe that was Onesmus Kirui's first ever 50! Career highest of 5 before today and came against an entire bowling attack of Resp+ bowlers. Quite a hidden little gem you've got there!

Also seems like the difference between the two sides was that my Worthless batters combined for 17 runs in 47 balls for 1 dismissal, with one six to boot! Cracking game haha.
Also surprised by that.he is a trainee bowler too

cnerd123

likes this
Match Engine for Friendlies
As some of you may be aware we are testing a modified match engine (ME) for friendlies this season where we are changing a number of elements of how matches are played out. Today, we released the second set of updates to the ME. If you want to see how it behaves then make sure you get some friendlies booked in over the next few weeks.
Read more ...

This release makes a number of changes:
  • Form - The effect of form will be much greater now. The swing in performance from being in terrible form to great form is now about 2.5 times bigger. This means that players in worthless form will perform much worse than before and players in superb form will perform somewhat better than they currently do.
  • Secondary skills - These will now have less of an effect on a players performance, although there is now a higher level of secondary skill required to see a positive impact on a players performance.
  • Stamina - The drop off ina players performance during a match has always been lionked to stamina, for all players within a match, but this effect has now been reduced a little and the amount that it can effect a players performance has been capped at a much lower level than before.
  • PFL - This has always effected a players performance in a match, but the effects have now been lessened to a small degree.
  • Batters being 'in' - The time that it takes for a batter to get in has been reduced a little however, the benefit from being very 'in' (seeing it like a beachball) has been reduced.
  • In match situations - We've tried finessing a few different in match situations to try and remove sizabel peaks and troughs events.

This will not be the last update prior to next season, and as ever we will nto be making this new ME live until we are happy that it will imrpove the in game expereince for the vast majority of our users.
Exciting

cnerd123

likes this
Another Kirui masterclass from @andruid 's Chapati Mondo, but this time from Johnstone - a 17 year old batting prodigy. Hammered a remarkable 163 off just 111 balls coming in at number 5, the backbone of his team's final score of 346/8.

Of course, this was all in the 2nd innings, after the Robot Koalas had piled on 441/1. Uneven pitch too apparently. The RoKo's top order and Johnstone Kirui just clearly levels above all the bowlers on display.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Another Kirui masterclass from @andruid 's Chapati Mondo, but this time from Johnstone - a 17 year old batting prodigy. Hammered a remarkable 163 off just 111 balls coming in at number 5, the backbone of his team's final score of 346/8.

Of course, this was all in the 2nd innings, after the Robot Koalas had piled on 441/1. Uneven pitch too apparently. The RoKo's top order and Johnstone Kirui just clearly levels above all the bowlers on display.
That was a batsmen's game clearly. Both my trainees this season a Kirui's so maybe next time the bowler might shine

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain

So i only just found this as i had the Stumped page only set up as a favourite link - i have a little team in BTR so when you want to get a friendly league going I could help make up the numbers

cnerd123

likes this
Remind me how long the off season lasts. Bank balance hovering around 0 ATM thanks to my profilgacy.
Haha I think it's about 1 week. We should be back and running after the holidays.

RKCC have just invested in upgrading the stadium. Looking forward to the first YP of the new season. Still not sure how I'm gonna allocate the ITS.

Oh, and all-Worthless player Gholam Ahmed hit 45 off 40 in a friendly vs a bot today!

Last edited: