• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

cnerd123

likes this
So i only just found this as i had the Stumped page only set up as a favourite link - i have a little team in BTR so when you want to get a friendly league going I could help make up the numbers
What's your team name CB? I'll send you a friendly challenge.

Have challenged Chapatai Mondo to a friendly for tomorrow @andruid and Central Districts for a game on 24th Jan @dontcloseyoureyes

@Himannv's two teams' calendars are packed so no friendly challenge sent :(

cnerd123

likes this
I'm sorry to say that I haven't been on this site for a while, not sure if the team's gone bot...
It has :(

I actually have a pretty free Friendly calendar coming up since the few competitions I was in are almost done. Was thinking of setting up a friendly comp for CW sometime soon!

Himannv

International Coach
We've made our first ever Hall Of Fame entry!

View attachment 30249
You should try and record his skills and stats somewhere or in the HoF entry itself - because the HoF entry only shows the current skills so it shows the deprecated skills once he gets old, which doesn’t look great.

That was something that used to bother me with that feature and one of the things I did to get around it.

cnerd123

likes this
You should try and record his skills and stats somewhere or in the HoF entry itself - because the HoF entry only shows the current skills so it shows the deprecated skills once he gets old, which doesn’t look great.

That was something that used to bother me with that feature and one of the things I did to get around it.
Cheers, good point that.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
What's your team name CB? I'll send you a friendly challenge.

Have challenged Chapatai Mondo to a friendly for tomorrow @andruid and Central Districts for a game on 24th Jan @dontcloseyoureyes

@Himannv's two teams' calendars are packed so no friendly challenge sent :(
Hi - All my friendlies are totally full - I try to get friendlies against Top WR 100 teams (50 if possible) because these get you about £10k + a game - so over a season you can be £600 - 800k better off - a huge amount! I'm ok with that because with BT there are plenty of comeptitive matches during the week in terms of FC being 3 days and then an OD - I would not have time normally (or so far) to then start thinking about competitive friendlies and unlike Stumped there is that serious loss to revenue which precludes you doing it !

But if you do set up a friendly league (then with advanced warning) as all my friendlies are booked 49 (I think?) days in advance I would happily join ?

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi - All my friendlies are totally full - I try to get friendlies against Top WR 100 teams (50 if possible) because these get you about £10k + a game - so over a season you can be £600 - 800k better off - a huge amount! I'm ok with that because with BT there are plenty of comeptitive matches during the week in terms of FC being 3 days and then an OD - I would not have time normally (or so far) to then start thinking about competitive friendlies and unlike Stumped there is that serious loss to revenue which precludes you doing it !

But if you do set up a friendly league (then with advanced warning) as all my friendlies are booked 49 (I think?) days in advance I would happily join ?
[/QUOTE

I don't mind what sort of friendly league/knock out it is and if you want to just have it as a straight dog eat dog or put some 'handicaps' in. for example I once played in a league where you could only include players with a wage less than £1,000 - it made everything quite close and gave your rubbish players and youngsters something to do and without losing fitness/stamina. Apart from getting revenue in BT friendlies compared to Stumped (I think (??) )you also get some benefit to player experience but not at the same level as FC/OD/BT (again I don't know how experience is given ie is it 3 times as much for a FC than a OD - do you get the same experience for scoring 1 as a 100 , the same against the 10,000th team in the world as the 1st!) - I'm rambling!!

cnerd123

likes this
425/3 for Robot Koalas CC batting first against the Mad Hatters. Centuries for Hafizur Khan, James Onyango and Imrul Ashraful. This new friendly engine hates bowlers.

Let's see how many @Himannv's boys get in response!

Himannv

International Coach
425/3 for Robot Koalas CC batting first against the Mad Hatters. Centuries for Hafizur Khan, James Onyango and Imrul Ashraful. This new friendly engine hates bowlers.

Let's see how many @Himannv's boys get in response!
Thought I replied to this. Yeah, that was a thumping but I think it's actually a good improvement to the match engine. It used to be really frustrating when these guys with top skills don't do a whole lot against much weaker opposition.

cnerd123

likes this
Just for my future reference:

Me = Robot Koalas CC
dcye = Central Districts. Franchise is Helsreach CC
andruid = Chapati Mondo
ataraxia = Atrocious Axolotls
Himannv = Mad Hatters and March Hairz

Good number of teams here. Gonna try to hit them all up for a friendlies soon. @ataraxia have just sent you a challenge!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just for my future reference:

Me = Robot Koalas CC
dcye = Central Districts. Franchise is Helsreach CC
andruid = Chapati Madondo
ataraxia = Atrocious Axolotls
Himannv = Mad Hatters and March Hairz

Good number of teams here. Gonna try to hit them all up for a friendlies soon. @ataraxia have just sent you a challenge!
Fixed