• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sold Shaka to stave off bankruptcy, what a time to be alive. Was pretty close to a promotion playoff for Div 1 but choked like a post-1977 Dragons side.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Does anyone else recycle players?

Ie. sells their gun players when they're 27-28 and then buys replica's but only aged 22-23?

Jakester1288

International Regular
It's time for me to save and get above 1.6 mil for max interest before I go any further. My squad should soon become better and harder to maintain, gunna need all the money I've got.

Current Balance: £633,640
Projected balance at next Update: £588,910

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Current Balance: £3,071,222
Projected balance at next Update: £2,933,064

Plus I'm going to get 300k this week for placings in the FC, OD and 2020 comps.

I'm hoping to buy two cheap resp bowlers like this:

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Because by my calculations, I can get them both to masterful / masterful by the time they turn 22 (which means their last training year will be when they're 21).

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: masterful Consistency: masterful
Fielding: superb

Which means that by season 20, I'll have 4 great bowlers (two sensational, two masterful), an allrounder and a wicketkeeper (with masterful batting).

Plus hopefully I'll have something like 10-12mil in the bank.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'd like to try to give some of my better players a run Jake, but if that doesn't happen and you're still available for a friendly on Fri then I'll play my second team.
No problem. I'll take on your best XI, losing doesn't matter with everything about to be reset, and it just being a friendly.

I'll play the best side I've got...:S

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Is Manchester United CC from this forum?

Can't wait till youth pulls next week, I've got 100 ITS saved up. :D

Hooper

What day will the youth pull be on next week? Thursday?
Saturday 01/05/2010 Training Updates, Prize Money Awarded, Financial Updates, First Youth Pulls, Morale & Confidence Reset, User and Team names changeable for 1 week
I think that answers your question, oi hows your team going anyways Ben?

If I rememeber correctly me and you were rivals back in the day because you started at a similar time to me. What division are you in these days for FC and OD?

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Finished 2nd in FC, in the 8th league (there is 10 all up)
Finished 3rd (altho shoodve finished 2nd) in OD, in the 5th league (there is 6 all up)
Finished 3rd in 2020 in the 5th league (there is 6 all up)

My best players are:

Jack Wheeler - 22 yo, BT Rating=116,148
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: masterful Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

Christian Kempson - 22 yo, BT Rating=86,230
RH batsman, RH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with strong leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional

John Midson - 19 yo, BT Rating=68,042
RH batsman, RF bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and low fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: proficient

Joe Jan - 23 yo, BT Rating=66,187
RH batsman, LFM bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and remarkable experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: sensational Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: competent

And the rest of my players are ****house. I'm going to train 2 bowlers to masterful for the next 4 seasons; so by season 20 I'll be a force, but I should dominate all 3 forms next season as the 4 players I just showed you have finished training just recently.

Hooper

Finished 2nd in FC, in the 8th league (there is 10 all up)
Finished 3rd (altho shoodve finished 2nd) in OD, in the 5th league (there is 6 all up)
Finished 3rd in 2020 in the 5th league (there is 6 all up)

My best players are:

Jack Wheeler - 22 yo, BT Rating=116,148
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: masterful Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

Christian Kempson - 22 yo, BT Rating=86,230
RH batsman, RH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with strong leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional

John Midson - 19 yo, BT Rating=68,042
RH batsman, RF bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and low fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: proficient

Joe Jan - 23 yo, BT Rating=66,187
RH batsman, LFM bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and remarkable experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: sensational Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: competent

And the rest of my players are ****house. I'm going to train 2 bowlers to masterful for the next 4 seasons; so by season 20 I'll be a force, but I should dominate all 3 forms next season as the 4 players I just showed you have finished training just recently.
Wow, your stars are better then my stars.. You actually started nearly 2 years ahead of me!

We'll have to have a friendly in the near future.

Hooper

Yeah I rememer Joe Jan, I used to hate his name...

I've got a few med meds who have turned into guns as well.

I remember when you use to jizz your pants over Will Cash.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Lol, yeah cause Joe Jan sounds like Toe Jam.

It's safe to say that Will Cash didn't live up to the hype, but is still a regular in my starting XI.

Remember Chris Griffen's team and that he had a gun wicketkeeper batsman that he used to have a **** over? Ian Wotton or something? And that he renamed his team as the Southern Sharks? :laugh:

Let's see your guns then.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No problem. I'll take on your best XI, losing doesn't matter with everything about to be reset, and it just being a friendly.

I'll play the best side I've got...:S
Ok mate, sounds good. I'll possibly change things around a bit anyway if it looks too one-sided. I haven't looked at your team. What's your team name again? I'll challenge you at your ground.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Current Balance: £7,993,018
Projected balance at next Update: £7,842,982

I honestly don't know what's best value for this, except purchasing a gun 17yr old when ITS fails.