• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the shots

Dendarii

International Debutant
I don't know what you'd actually call the shot, but it's AB de Villiers fetching the ball from outside off stump and sending it over fine leg for six, which he did more than once in this innings.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha I think Martyn is Mark Waugh 2.0 (prettier and better). But yeah, close call.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

would say the 2nd(0:32) and 3rd(0:56) are the best looking shots. Talk about teeing off.

cnerd123

likes this
I'd like to nominate the Shahid Afridi drive over extra cover for six. Specifically, the one at 1:37:

This video is gold, Afridi has hit so many ridiculous sixes in his career. Loads of fun to watch.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't know what else to call it.

Pick any one shot played by any batsman. One nomination per batsman to give non-Lara/Laxman batsmen a chance. The video for the shot in question is a must to be nominated.

I'll start with VVS jumping 4 feet outside leg to drive Shane Warne through extra cover. Last one in this video.

I used to try mimicking this shot with my buddies. Would asked them bowl a good to full length bowl on leg stump, I will jump out and drive it through covers. Could never do it even from like 5 yards distance :laugh:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Was going to ask why no one has learnt to time stamp, before realising you can't do it on here.

Last edited: