• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

battle of the australian batting capitulations (2010s)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Completely screwing the pooch in all four innings of a match deserves some recognition

1st innings SL 26/5
2nd innings Australia 267/1
3rd innings SL 98/4
4th innings Australia 100/1

Guess which side won this match
Hey Howe_Zat,

Can you please post your biased numbers for this game? Something like 32/4 plays 157/0

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Howe_Zat,

Can you please post your biased numbers for this game? Something like 32/4 plays 157/0
Yeah, I mean those figures would do - given they are the respective worst and best positions those respective sides found themselves in. Actual figures, not ones invented out of bias. I think we can all find merit in the fact one side was 32/4 and made 224 or whatever it was, and the other side was 157/0 and made two more.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bloody hell, i'm never gonna be able to start this. may as well hold off until after india

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, wait till the decade is out. There's time for plenty more yet, especially with another away Ashes in 2019.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, wait till the decade is out. There's time for plenty more yet, especially with another away Ashes in 2019.
That's too long away and things change very fast. When this same team was blasting double hundreds last year and blokes were averaging 100, no one saw this coming.

I would go as far as the India series next year. I see a lot of grief for Australia on that series. But anything beyond that, very hard to comment.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's too long away and things change very fast. When this same team was blasting double hundreds last year and blokes were averaging 100, no one saw this coming.

I would go as far as the India series next year. I see a lot of grief for Australia on that series. But anything beyond that, very hard to comment.
Can't agree with you on this mate. Plenty of posters here have noted Australia's troubles against the moving ball for years and years now. It's not a new phenomenon at all. Unless blokes tighten up their techniques, it will continue.

How many of these blokes are doing the 1989 Graham Gooch/ every England batsman and just plonking their foot straight down the deck instead of being compact and playing the ball late? Pretty much all of them tbh. It's awful. It's also hard to change when you've grown up in an era of dry, hot, flat decks and can plonk your foot down the first line and hit through it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Except we knew that it was because the wickets were flat and the opposition bowling poor. I wasn't surprised at all about the results in SL or England.

I would be very surprised if India doesn't whitewash that series.

But it's a structural, technical thing that's been there all along and merely been masked by rubbish bowling attacks and flat wickets.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair enough but Australia also won in New Zealand. A lot of us saw that as improvement. And let's be honest here. Given South Africa's 2015 performances, most of us predicted Australia to beat them at home this summer.