• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

battle of the australian batting capitulations (2010s)

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Delhi 2023 2nd innings is the latest entry, and I reckon it's right up there with anything else apart from Trentbridge 2015/Capetown 2011.

morgieb

The funny thing is that before this series, it had been quite a long time since there had been a nasty Aussie lolapse. There was that Sri Lanka Test I guess but other than that you probably have to go back to the time when Smith and Warner were banned to find something similar.

Here we've had two utter capitulations, maybe three.

OverratedSanity

I think this one is even worse as Australia were well in the match.
Makes it worse yea. They were in a really good position and pissed it away. Unlike the others it seemed to be a result of dumb tactics rather than just technique being exposed.

morgieb

Offshoot thread idea:

Battle of the good Australian batting performances in tough conditions (2010)

tumbleweed.gif
I think most of these ones have involved an aggressive knock from Travis Head, lol

Howe_zat

Audio File
The funny thing is that before this series, it had been quite a long time since there had been a nasty Aussie lolapse.
Well yeah. Check thread title - It hasn't been the 2010s for ages.

Australia and England both suffer from letting Ashes performances dictate the merits of the side, and the 2013/14 whitewash probably masked how memetic the Clarke/Johnson era Australian team managed to be even with that performance behind them. The batting since Smith and Khawaja's return and Labuschange coming through, all in 2019 iirc, is a level above.