• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of flat track bullies - Hayden vs Sehwag

Who's the better batsman?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really care about his strike rate but Sehwag was a truly great player of spin. He was very bad in certain conditions but he was actually genuinely great in turning conditions when much better overall batsmen than him would have failed (or indeed did).

Hayden I think was truer to the 'FTB' moniker - his home runs were very very predominately on 'bouncy roads' - but while Sehwag got his fair sure of slow roads at home to fill his boots on, he scored serious runs on real turners as well (admittedly usually just in the first innings though).

Both had careers of similar lengths but I've got Sehwag's average standardising to ~47 and Hayden's to ~44. Big difference for me.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
I don't really care about his strike rate but Sehwag was a truly great player of spin. He was very bad in certain conditions but he was actually genuinely great in turning conditions when much better overall batsmen than him would have failed (or indeed did).

Hayden I think was truer to the 'FTB' moniker - his home runs were very very predominately on 'bouncy roads' - but while Sehwag got his fair sure of slow roads at home to fill his boots on, he scored serious runs on real turners as well (admittedly usually just in the first innings though).

Both had careers of similar lengths but I've got Sehwag's average standardising to ~47 and Hayden's to ~44. Big difference for me.
That 201* vs Mendis & Murali was probably the best batting against spin i have ever seen

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This era currently
No updates since late 2019 because of cricinfo changes so anything I say will be out of date, but at that time Warner's average was taken from 48 down to 41, Elgar's from 39 to 37, Brathwaite from 34.84 to 34.84 (lol I love it when that happens), Latham from 43 to 38, Cook from 45 to 44, Azhar from 44 to 42, Karunaratne stable at 36, Masakadza from 30 to 25, Tamim from 39 to 38.

There'd be heaps of changes to all that given how different the last 3 years have been.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyone that went the other way
Karunaratne technically by 0.02.

Devon Smith (23 to 24), Kaushal Silva (28 to 30), Thirmanne (23 to 24).

So crap WI/SL openers were slightly screwed by their home conditions, but only slightly. :laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Karunaratne technically by 0.02.

Devon Smith (23 to 24), Kaushal Silva (28 to 30), Thirmanne (23 to 24).

So crap WI/SL openers were slightly screwed by their home conditions, but only slightly. :laugh:
Always knew Thirimanne was underrated

Daemon

He's one of the 13,274 current Sri Lankan First-class cricketers playing in Melbourne club cricket at the moment
haha not the same but reminds me of this youtube channel of some dude playing village cricket with a gopro strapped to his helmet. Prasanna Jayawardene plays for his team.

TheJediBrah

Nice looking set up they've got there

But no excuse for that shocking grass coverage in a climate that doesn't stop raining

Burgey

Bowler is about to let go of the ball with two batsmen at the striker's end. Would think he'd go for the Mankad, though there's actually a third batsman at that end too.

Stupid version of the game tbh