• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ball discussion

Cow

Banned
The one hand made in England.

There's so much money in the game, why the hell would we use cheap foreign knockoffs like the Kookaburra?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was it, I couldn't find those figures, seems they were made more recently than I thought and I got the people involved wrong.

social

A few years ago, I was shown a Kookaburra that had been used in a test match

It was less than 30 overs old but was was already relatively soft, going out of shape and had no seam to speak of

I'm all for supporting local industry but CA should've dumped them ages ago and replaced them with Dukes

Disappointing thing is that Kookaburra is a well funded company, has the technology to replicate a Duke ball and the cost of a ball is largely irrelevant to CA

Starfighter

The thing that pisses me off the most about Kookaburra is that the complaints about the ball have been widespread and well known for years yet they don't put an iota of effort into rectifying things and making the seam a bit prouder so it swings more. As long as they get their nice contract they can turn out whatever turds they can half-arse.

I see occasional complaints about the Dukes not wearing enough for the spinners (even though it reverses earlier), which can be easily rectified with less lacquer.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On one hand I didn't like the middle overs accumulation against part timers, but on the other it would be nice to see reverse swing come back. 2 new balls keeps finger spinners largely out of it which is good though. Tough one.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
We started using dukes instead of kookaburra in the Caribbean a few years back. It's so much better, like not even close. The kookaburra made for some horrible cricket on our pitches.

At least the dukes always does something for the first 10/15 overs even if the wicket us flat. The kookaburra was ruined so quickly.