• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going into this series Warner and Smith both had write good recent reputations. In the space of two and a half tests their reputations are in tatters. It's pretty disastrous for Australian cricket.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They still have Handscomb and Stoinis on tour, don't necessarily have to fly anyone out.
I forgot they flew out Stoinis. Would probably the the weakest Australian batting lineup in my lifetime and I grew up in the 80s.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Even better, I hope that Bancroft and Smith get banned by the match ref, but that they appeal and that there is not time for the appeal to be heard before the 4th test, so they play, and the the Saffer authorities say that it disgraceful that CA are undermining the authority of the match referee by escalating the issue into the legal realm ....
They stay suspended while an appeal is heard...

Well he may well end up captain next week.

Surely Smith and Bancroft will be banned for that match at least?
He is part of the leadership group and 1 demerit point away from a ban. ICC might give points to all those involved...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Some "hot take" thoughts:

1. No-one is innocent. Check your own team's record before piling in. If you're a Pakistan fan feeling this somehow vindicates you, it doesn't - don't make me post video of various of your players digging their nails into the ball in 1992. And by the same token, I'm well aware of Atherton cheating in 1994.

Have only just woken up to the news....Wow!! Haven't caught up with the thread yet but just wanted to comment on this.

You are right, no one is innocent in some of the shadeier aspects of cricket......they all do it, only some get caught. The thing is there is a such a widespread belief amongst a great many Aussie cricket fans that their team is above all this, only a few weeks ago one poster stated that the Aussies are the least "cheatiest" of all the teams. It's bollox, always has been and always will be.......their **** stinks just like the rest of us.

I'll admit to finding this news this morning deadset ****ing hilarious, the amount of times over the years these pious supporters have pointed the finger and thrown accusations at everyone else whilst seriously believing their own team are the only honest, genuine players to take to a cricket field.........we'll what can you do now but to LOL at them?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll admit to finding this news this morning deadset ****ing hilarious, the amount of times over the years these pious supporters have pointed the finger and thrown accusations at everyone else whilst seriously believing their own team are the only honest, genuine players to take to a cricket field.........we'll what can you do now but to LOL at them?
Can throw it at them that they did it all ashes too and were better side because of it. Moral high ground is now yours, enjoy it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can throw it at them that they did it all ashes too and were better side because of it. Moral high ground is now yours, enjoy it.
It really is a double whammy for us........can throw a big question mark over the Ashes result and while the cricketing world is all looking at Australia, attention is diverted from what's happening in Auckland. This really is the gift that keeps on giving:laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
It really is a double whammy for us........can throw a big question mark over the Ashes result and while the cricketing world is all looking at Australia, attention is diverted from what's happening in Auckland. This really is the gift that keeps on giving:laugh:
What is happening in Auckland?

the big bambino

International Captain
Pot calling the kettle black.

Aus behaviour is as bad if not worse. Way more incidents of poorly behaved Aussie fans then SA fans.

We may have overstepped the line but never as blatantly as this and we never tried to cover it up. Here we have Lehman/maddison & Smith trying to cover it up. Similar to how your board covered up Warne & waugh's bookie transgression...
Nup. You never criticise SA except this pretty puerile we may have BS. Your fans are grubs and your side has cheated. One of your captains was on the grift. So you won’t get away whitewashing your side by diversions about what Australia may or may not have done or said. Your parochialism is tedious.

I’m not liking what’s been said so far. Looks like they’re setting up Bancroft as the fall guy. Looking like Smith might have to stand down.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every denial they have made in recent times looks hollow now.

What was said Bairstow?
What was Bancroft putting sugar in his pocket in the ashes for?

They are now the biggest bunch of cheats around and will be getting abuse for it forever, wonder how that will go down seeing as they moaned the other day about it crossing a line, no it didn't. You lot did on numerous occasions and whatever comes your way now you have to suck up and say nothing as you are just a bunch of cheats and will be forevermore.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This is like Birthday and Christmas all at once..........it's only 11am but **** it I'm gonna have a beer:D