• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I will put my avatar on the line.

Simple bet - Aus wins the ashes I control yours for 3 months, England wins, you control mine.

Who wants in.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Adders' avatar bet looking a struggle already after Ashton's efforts.
Not if Bell is not out at the end of this innings......he'll be well ahead of any 2 combined Aussie bowlers (including freak boi) for batting averages. Hughes is the only contender from the Aussie bats thus far if he makes a score in the second dig.

My man repaying the faith :D

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a 5 Test series, to not get over 350 once just seems too poor even by Australian standards. Has that ever happened over a series of decent length? (serious question btw)

Have you not read any of my posts in the match threads? I believed I compared them to Under 10's + Clarke in one of my posts.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, even though it seems unlikely at this stage I can still see Australia pulling a Headingly 2009 or Perth 2010 performance in this series somewhere.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's a 5 Test series, to not get over 350 once just seems too poor even by Australian standards. Has that ever happened over a series of decent length? (serious question btw)

Have you not read any of my posts in the match threads? I believed I compared them to Under 10's + Clarke in one of my posts.
Well it took India until their 7th attempt to get 300, and it was exactly 300. They had eight innings in England and didn't have one score of 301 or more.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well it took India until their 7th attempt to get 300, and it was exactly 300. They had eight innings in England and didn't have one score of 301 or more.
Fair enough. India even had a guy scoring big runs there.

Still, it's only 2-3 months. I've had avatar bets for over a year lol.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
No bets - just a forfeit.

I have one of the longest-standing avatars in CW history - it has never been changed since the day I found this place more than a decade ago. I'm happy to put it on the line in a straight bet on the Ashes series - if England lose the series or even draw it, then I will replace it for 3 months with a picture of Brad Cheaty-Hodge (spit).

Now for the big one - if Australia so much as win a single test match, then for the rest of the series (and who knows how long afterwards) I'll let a certain a certain member of the genus anatidae out of the cupboard for a run around just to see if he can behave.

<muffled quack> Liar!!!
Come on, Australia. The bloody duck wants to write.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
four_or_six must have lost a crash and burn type avatar bet at some point in the past - poor lass has had that pic of Shane Watson ever since I've been here - I think who ever it is should do the chivalrous thing and consider the forfeit period as at an end now