• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His issue is anxiety. Not sure you can always predict perfectly when it's going to flare up.
Like a fast-medium bowler's spinal fluid.

For real though, I'm sure he'll be having chats with the CA team doctor / psych prior to any movement into the national squad to further assess him. Let that be the test.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mental health issues have been hidden for years, especially with men thinking it shows weakness. Finally people are asked to speak out and act and now he gets bagged for it
And any of this is relevant how? And no one is "bagging" him. You're talking nonsense

Burgey

And yet again you imply he will quit mid game. I thought your career relied on evidence before slandering someone ;)
Spare me this bull**** because of whatever sensitivity you have to MH issues.

his condition has to be treated like any other injury. You have a young, talented, fringe player who’s ruled out for an extended period who’s made a big score in his first game of the season, and there are other options in his position who don’t have an injury cloud over them, be it mental or physical.

He plays some games and proves he’s back then fine. Right now he’s where he was last year - in the mix. It was precisely at that point he pulled the pin.

TheJediBrah

Well people are saying he can't get promoted in his job
Firstly, I don't think anyone said that. They said they want to give him more time. Secondly, if someone had to take a leave of absence for stress/anxiety from any job then came back and within a year was up for a promotion to a more stressful position, of course questions would be asked at the very least.

Burgey

Well people are saying he can't get promoted in his job despite excellent performance
Lol hes played one great dig sonce coming back ffs. Basically he’s done a Marcus Harris before the last India tour or a Bancroft pre last home Ashes

Burgey

Of course he does.

but ppl can’t say “treat MH like any other injury” then say “this kids been out a year and played one great knock Fmd get him in the test side now!” which is what AT is saying.

TheJediBrah

Of course he does.

but ppl can’t say “treat MH like any other injury” then say “this kids been out a year and played one great knock Fmd get him in the test side now!” which is what AT is saying.
AT is wrong. Just pointing out that your analogy wasn't perfect

mr_mister

Well hel get a few more matches before the first test. If he gets another hundred maybe it becomes inevitable hel get picked

mr_mister

Maybe it's coz I'm a Hick fan but i like to think along similar lines. He was doing crazy things in county but barely faced world class bowlers til his test debut and by that stage he already had 57 FC hundreds. And he'd just turned 25.

His style had already been tailored to whipping county trundler trash and it was too late to adjust