• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What could possibly go wrong? The batting equivalent of picking Bruce Reid and Patto to open the bowling without a half dozen games under their belt first.
Remember when Cummins played his first FC match in like six years, immediately played his second test and continued to not break his spine for the next three years?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do. I remember he was managed to the ****ter over those six years (not six weeks) to ensure he was ok. But cheers for proving my point.

Burgey

Look, if they pick the kid I would hope he does well, obviously. But when he walks off at lunch day two in ****ing tears where do they go from there?

Spikey

if they had booked him in once they knew they would probably have a 18ish man squad, then so be it. and if he hasn't in their plans, don't pick him now

Burgey

Pucovski's health has been managed for years , not 6 weeks. Why do you keep making stuff up?
I'm not making **** up. He literally didn't play last year because of his health and he's had one game back. And you want to risk him in the test side. this is a special needs level approach to selection on your part. it's beyond parody. He doesn't get a feel good pass card because he's done it tough ffs. What is wrong with you?

aussie tragic

International Captain
When did he ever quit mid innings like you keep implying. I find him the opposite, once he's in he stays in. That's why I like him, a 100 is nothing, he just keeps batting. I reckon he would have made 400 today if Vics didnt declare

Burgey

This is why I love you man

When I have lunch next Saturday at the Big Banana on my way to Byron, I'll wrap my lips around that big tropical fruit and think of you

Burgey

When did he ever quit mid innings like you keep implying. I find him the opposite, once he's in he stays in. That's why I like him, a 100 is nothing, he just keeps batting. I reckon he would have made 400 today if Vics didnt declare
Yeah, he does. When he doesn't have mental health issues. FMD this isn't about his aptitude for the game. It's about playing enough games to show he's in the right place to take a step up. Can see Paine walking up to Kohli day two "look Virat, our opener has had a bit of an issue, you mind if we sub in someone else?" FMD. spare me this crap

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is why I love you man

When I have lunch next Saturday at the Big Banana on my way to Byron, I'll wrap my lips around that big tropical fruit and think of you
Make sure to join the cult of Pete Evans while you're there.

TheJediBrah

You keep saying he will give up half way through a game. He seems to have a great self awareness of his mental health and has always acted before it got too bad. When has he ever quit mid game like you keep stating?
His issue is anxiety. Not sure you can always predict perfectly when it's going to flare up.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can see Paine walking up to Kohli day two "look Virat, our opener has had a bit of an issue, you mind if we sub in someone else?" FMD. spare me this crap
And yet again you imply he will quit mid game. I thought your career relied on evidence before slandering someone ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
NOt willing to wade into a discussion on an Aussie domestic player's mental health issues and selection questions, but I do believe that we should allow injury substitutes in cricket. They now have an ICC authorized doc on the field to rule on concussion subs, why not just extend them for actual physical injuries?