• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad Discussion

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Just curious - figures aside, is Mitch Marsh considered a batting or a bowling all-rounder? Can he and Faulkner play in the same team without compromising the batting?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Marsh has always been considered a batsman first, even though it hasn't really worked out that way in Shield cricket so far in his career.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SOK has a pretty poor list A average, so I guess he isn't really in contention. I think if Maxwell is in the side then we don't really want another offie, but I'd be happy to see Lyon in and Maxwell out.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Faulkner should be in the starting 11 , he is a very good odi bowler and the fact he can bat makes him a certainty.Faulkner is better as an all round prespect than Maxwell.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICC ‏@cricketicc 50s

Johnson Charles has made 54 for @westindies against @cricketaus in Cardiff. The West Indies are currently on 90/1 after 19 overs #ct13

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Faulkner should be in the starting 11 , he is a very good odi bowler and the fact he can bat makes him a certainty.Faulkner is better as an all round prespect than Maxwell.
Mate, I'm a better all-round prospect than Maxwell, but yeah, Faulkner's a gun

Spark

Global Moderator
ICC ‏@cricketicc 50s

Johnson Charles has made 54 for @westindies against @cricketaus in Cardiff. The West Indies are currently on 90/1 after 19 overs #ct13
how the **** do we let him score runs against us

Burgey

Why isn't the scorecard for his match on the cricinfo mobile site? Fix it spikey, ffs.

Burgey

Just remember guys, if we play badly we use the FJ/ Scaly England excuse:

You do realise we are only warming up for the CT/ WC/ Ashes/ Development of a workable fusion power station, don't you?

Spikey

Why isn't the scorecard for his match on the cricinfo mobile site? Fix it spikey, ffs.
they hate you

Cricinfo was down for like 2 hours last night so it might be related to that. they had to manually update stuff iirc and might not have got around to mobiles

Voges not giving up his spot without a fight. Warner might actually be in trouble

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fox Sports 3 are showing the Aus vs India warmup match tonight live tonight for anyone unaware. Just wondering, is the match 11 vs 11 or are they giving everyone a run?

Burgey

Nice one. Is it a day game or D/N?

If it's a day game, can flcik between it and the Japan-Socceroos game. The Origin tomorrow night.

Too much sport is barely enough.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks Deamon, less interesting in some ways knowing its 15 on 15. Burgey its a day game starting at 7:30 so yeah I'll be doing the same, watching it either side of the football.

Daemon

Thanks Deamon, less interesting in some ways knowing its 15 on 15. Burgey its a day game starting at 7:30 so yeah I'll be doing the same, watching it either side of the football.
I find it more interesting, not for the result but just the fact that most of the bowlers are fighting for spots. Cheering on the ones I want to be in the XI and hoping the others get smashed etc.