• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sydney sixers will be in the awkward position of maybe having to find a new coach for the champions league, with trevor bayliss IPL team in the IPL final.

i think.

Spikey

Robinson out at WACA amid salary cap demands - The West Australian

Hogan faces tough career choice

Of note:

"From our understanding from talking to Michael, it'll come down to him having to make a choice between Glamorgan and Western Australia," Stevens told Sportal.
Now I don't quite get why Hogan has to pick at all. Why can't he play as an overseas player? But, at the time this bit in a Phil Jaques article striked me as unusual in how it was worded. It seemed really stern:

Jaques, who has scored 2477 first-class at 61.92 runs for Yorkshire in his previous spells with the county, had a meeting on Monday where the paperwork was completed and now cannot play cricket in Australia except at club level.

County cricket 2012: Phil Jaques' registration cleared for Yorkshire | County news Report | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo
NSW fans have often complained about how Sam Robson wasn't picked for NSW, even as an overseas player, but these recent cases add a bit of mystery to it. Maybe it's an ECB policy or something. But I don't quite get how they could legally get away with it. It all seems really odd.

Spikey

SA and QLD obv locations. Hell depending on just who goes NSW might think about it

marsh is probably gonna move to opening isn't he? Katich seems pretty content at 4. North and Voges will likely slot in at 3 & 5.

oh and if Katich defies all expectations and stays and it's Usman who goes there it could be really interesting who opens

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I mean, I might be reading too much into stuff, but watching the NRL Footy Show, they did a look-a-like between an NRL player (can't remember who it was now) and Usman Khawaja. And Slats basically said that Usman will be playing for QLD next year. Like, not even a maybe.

Surely he wouldn't be saying that unless it was littered with truth? It's not like he has few contacts at Cricket NSW...

Spikey

Yeah it got pretty much confirmed in a news ltd article the other week, but given that article about the warriors mentioned usman I figured i'd mention him

Spikey

there'll be no NUFAN's allowed

hughes knocked 100 in his first match in ingerland, an ODer against Middle ***