• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
moz started at 5 and is finishing at 8. still his bowling has been alright and he's dodged injury. It's not been easy with the bat so far this season tho.

Spikey

Think Moey was going there for his batting more than anything, considering that he replaced Marcus North (from memory). So I don't know if he's really earning the dosh.
I thought he might be a good signing but I didn't realise how terrible glamorgan's batting was. i guess he was the best short term signing they could land on short notice.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If Moey can't go to England and come back with some runs under his belt, then you've got to question where he's heading as a state cricketer. Ideally, you'd hope that he can bat in the top 6 for a state side. His record so far says that he can't. And he's slid down the order at Glamorgan, FFS.

Moving forward, does NSW have to then look at him as the best batsman of their bowling attack, and push him to prove himself as one of their best four bowlers?

I mean, he sort of suits NSW's balance, with Nev at 6 and him/SOK at 7 and 8. But the return on investment is so minimal on Henriques at the moment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Moving forward, does NSW have to then look at him as the best batsman of their bowling attack, and push him to prove himself as one of their best four bowlers?
Yep, absolutely IMO. NSW fans have been saying it for ages too; he's a bowling allrounder at First Class level, and the administrative failure to realise this has been large contributing factor to our repeated selection errors on the side of too many bowlers.

He should definitely always bat below Nevill, and I don't want to see him any higher than seven (eight ideally, but I can cop two bowling allrounders at seven at eight) until he starts performing with the bat or we're plagued with injury. One could argue that he's not going to get a proper chance to perform with the bat if he's batting at seven or eight, to which I'd argue that he's had several chances already to do so and that I'm frankly beyond caring about giving him opportunities. His bowling has been under-utilised by us at times if anything (I think he's a better bowler than Lalor and Coyte, for example) but I'm sick to death of seeing him in the top six.

Even if we did have a bit of a batting exodus as has been rumoured, I'd sooner have a proper look at Patterson, Cruickshank or even Dawson than stuff around with him as a frontline batsman again. He's obviously got ability with the bat - anyone who's seen him bat will testify to this - so this could all change if he could string together some proper runs for Glamorgan or produce down the order early next season, but for now he has to play as a bowling allrounder or not at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Moises hasn't even been trusted with the ball at Glamorgan that much has he?
He's bowled the third most overs for them this season, so he's been a frontline bowler. Given he's a swing bowler and he's playing early-season Division II cricket, he hasn't really been particularly impressive though. 13 wickets @ 22 could never really be termed as poor I suppose but he's been thoroughly outbowled by Waters, Wagg and Allenby in conditions that should definitely suit him, and he's been expensive too.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm fair. Must've been sporadic though. There's been a few games where it's looked like he's only been given one spell IIRC.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wouldn't describe him as a "swing bowler", he can get some shape, doesn't make you a swing bowler though.

With his batting, I think the line has been that Moises has to bat in the top 6 if he's going to play for Australia, which he's been earmarked to do from a very young age. So they've persevered with it, and I can understand it to some extent, whilst also understanding a NSW fan's frustration with it. What I'm saying, and you're obviously agreeing with, is that the breaking point is rapidly approaching.

Spikey

don't really think moz not making runs over there right now means much. i mean, it'd be great if he did, but every Glamorgan batsman is struggling right now. It's not like he's playing on Taunton. that said it's probably pretty important to note that all of his dismissals for Glamorgan bar one have been LBW/bowled. does he think he's watson or something

but yeah if stuff was to change around NSW cricket - ha! - his position might come under fire. and i don't particularly think a move away would be bad for him.

it'd be gutting for me though. he just needs to bat at 10 and 11, bowl an over or two of spin and put on the gloves for a bit and he'd played in every single role possible

brockley

International Captain
Henrqiues or Smith for me,with O'keefe the front line spinner(Hauritz QLD),Dawson for Nevill if Nev goes west.Patterson must be in the first xl even if they sack Rohrer.
Henriques averaged mid 30's for the Blues this season,so did Smith,but why have 2 allrounders in the top 6,this is worse than NSW 2nd xl which has 3/4 allrounders in the top order.

Boy Glamorgan Van Jarsveldt,Marsh and North + Allenby and Walters exciting foreign batting line up.

Last edited:

Spikey

You can have have 6 all-rounders in the top 6 if they deserve to be in top 6. Aside from the whole 'is smith an all rounder' thing, he clearly deserves a spot in the top 6. Now obviously moz does not. but then it's not uncommon for an all-rounder to bat at 6 and not deserve to be there (batting all-rounders 4evr). but yeah if moz starts at 6 next season I won't mind too much. let's face it there's some other things that could happen that are much worse. but if next season he goes around and averages in the mid 20's serious questions will be asked (eg off to SA).

i think people are getting a bit too excited about Patterson. yeah yeah it was a great innings, but he did against two bowlers, and was able to pick the crappy bowlers with ease. He 'mustn't' have anything except for a contract. Same as moz.

uvelocity

International Coach
get the young blokes in high cricket early. with nsw batting woes he just looks good enough and cant have done any worse

kurtis for the season

Spikey

Mitchell Starc's debut for Yorkshire against Gloucestershire at Bristol tomorrow is under threat from a visa error which led to him being detained at Heathrow for more than four hours.

Yorkshire are blaming an incorrectly-completed visa form by Cricket Australia which in the worst-case scenario could lead to Starc having to return hom to Australia and re-enter England a second time.
jesus ****ing christ CA.

Spikey

if hughes and usman not making the aus a tour means cooper and maddinson make it someone on here is gonna have to pay