• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cowan captain

Presumably Ponting is the VC and Lyon is the front-line spinner.........

Spikey

ODI sqd to tour UK: Clarke (c), Watson (vc), Bailey, Cummins, XD, Hilf, M Huss, D Huss, Johnson, Lee, McKay, Pattinson, Smith, Wade, Warner (15)

Spikey

Aus A sqd to tour Eng: Cowan (c), Forrest (vc), Bailey, Bird, Burns, Cooper, Cummins, Cutting, Davis, Holland, Johnson, Klinger, Lyon, Paine, Pattinson, Smith, Starc (17)

well i shouldn't've made that lyon joke

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
well they are still doing the wierd chop and change thing re forrest exclusion from odi
Yeah, definitely kinda weird IMO. If there's anywhere he's going to do well in one day cricket I reckon it'll be England.

I guess they feel it'll be more beneficial to give him some longer-form cricket in England as part of the Australia A side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ODI sqd to tour UK: Clarke (c), Watson (vc), Bailey, Cummins, XD, Hilf, M Huss, D Huss, Johnson, Lee, McKay, Pattinson, Smith, Wade, Warner (15)
Good, bad, good.

Aus A sqd to tour Eng: Cowan (c), Forrest (vc), Bailey, Bird, Burns, Cooper, Cummins, Cutting, Davis, Holland, Johnson, Klinger, Lyon, Paine, Pattinson, Smith, Starc (17)

well i shouldn't've made that lyon joke
I like the squad apart from Johnson! I'm happy for Klinger. Cowan as captain over Bailey is odd though.

That ODI squad is more than a little weird. Like a mixture of old, young and in-between
What's wrong with that? Sounds like a balanced approach to me.

they surely meant to publish beer's name instead of lyon right
Giving our Test number 1 spinner a chance to play in the UK a year before the Ashes is a smart move.

Spikey

He's played international cricket he can get a county contract. He's played in like all of our past 14 tests bar one. He ain't Aus A. May as well pick Ponting. And I don't see how our 2nd best ODI bowler being back is bad

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He's played international cricket he can get a county contract. He's played in like all of our past 14 tests bar one. He ain't Aus A. May as well pick Ponting. And I don't see how our 2nd best ODI bowler being back is bad
Lyon can't just get a county contract if a spot isn't on offer.

Johnson is injured. I don't completely hate him (despite me saying bad) back in the ODI side, but I disagree completely with his inclusion on the A tour if he gets chosen to play the first class matches.

Just noticed that Paine is the only keeper, with a squad of 17 I thought they might include Nevill.

Spikey

it's probably the most 'pure' ODI squad for awhile 'cause we ain't picking players who are in consideration for tests