• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

brockley

International Captain
Here's how i see Cummins will be named in the 15,but come back for the quarters.
Anyone got a link to the Pakistan series?
I would find it a bit far fetched that Nev would be the keeper 4th in line,as far as i know Paine was fully fit for the grade Tassie finals,and keeping.
Expect Cowan and Davis to be the openers,khawajah at 3.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Here's how i see Cummins will be named in the 15,but come back for the quarters.
Anyone got a link to the Pakistan series?
I would find it a bit far fetched that Nev would be the keeper 4th in line,as far as i know Paine was fully fit for the grade Tassie finals,and keeping.
Expect Cowan and Davis to be the openers,khawajah at 3.
Going by the AIS Scholars:
Hughes
Maddinson
Finch
Burns
Smith
Paine
M Marsh
NCN
Starc
Bird
Beer
---
Holland
Bailey (?)
Cooper (?)
+ 2 fast bowlers (Copeland + Pattinson IMO)

Would be my squad TBH. Let Cummins play the entire U/19 WC.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Going by the AIS Scholars:
Hughes
Maddinson
Finch
Burns
Smith
Paine
M Marsh
NCN
Starc
Bird
Beer
---
Holland
Bailey (?)
Cooper (?)
+ 2 fast bowlers (Copeland + Pattinson IMO)

Would be my squad TBH. Let Cummins play the entire U/19 WC.
So only Burns from the Shield winners? That doesn't sound right. Surely Boyce or McDermott are worth a shot.

brockley

International Captain
Patto back in 2 weeks according to the vic site.
I don't see lynn being in the A side,horrible season.
I think the players at the academy will be watched closely to see if they are up to it,and past as well as current test players could go to adjust to English conditions before the ashes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Patto back in 2 weeks according to the vic site.
I don't see lynn being in the A side,horrible season.
I think the players at the academy will be watched closely to see if they are up to it,and past as well as current test players could go to adjust to English conditions before the ashes.
Lynn doesn't deserve it, but why did you pick Finch who was even worse!

Also, I forgot Ben Cutting, he definitely needs to be there. Shield winners need more representation instead of routinely picking players from states who underperformed.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Lynn doesn't deserve it, but why did you pick Finch who was even worse!

Also, I forgot Ben Cutting, he definitely needs to be there. Shield winners need more representation instead of routinely picking players from states who underperformed.
Figured the academy people would basically be automatic selections TBH.

Cutting and McDermott should definitely get a run though, its just a case of whether they blindly take the AIS people or actually look at form.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh yeah sorry Brockley, I thought you picked Finch not Rvd.

I hope they do pick a few from outside the AIS.

brockley

International Captain
Rang Cricket Australia they said there would be no emerging series owing to the England A tour and world youth cup.
Whether they play some games or nor i am not sure.

bondi beach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Who would I pick in the Australia A squad to tour England?

Batsmen: Bailey (c), Cowan, Hughes, Khawaja, Forrest, Maddinson
Keepers: Nevill, Hartley
Spinners: Beer, Holland
Seamers: Cummins, Patterson, Bird, Starc, Cutting, McDermott

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Batsmen: Bailey (c), Cowan, Hughes, Khawaja, Forrest, Maddinson
Keepers: Nevill, Hartley
Spinners: Beer, Holland
Seamers: Cummins, Patterson, Bird, Starc, Cutting, McDermott
I can't complain too much with that.

I mean Hartley deserves it, but I think the selectors wouldn't go down that path for an A squad, so his spot would go to Paine. I think your squad would need an extra batsman or an all rounder so you would probably see a Christian, Smith or M Marsh get selected too.

I would go for Boyce over Holland too.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I can't answer that.

But if Usman and Maddinson get sent over instead of Smith who actually performed this season then well. Don't see two keepers unless they use the old "paine is good enough to play as a batsman" line. I wouldn't pick 6 seamers (Cutting out for Christan makes more sense).

Of course this all depends on how many players they actually pick. I'd be a bit shocked if they send over the same amount of people as we send for Ashes...

Jager

International Debutant
Well I can't answer that.

But if Usman and Maddinson get sent over instead of Smith who actually performed this season then well. Don't see two keepers unless they use the old "paine is good enough to play as a batsman" line. I wouldn't pick 6 seamers (Cutting out for Christan makes more sense).

Of course this all depends on how many players they actually pick. I'd be a bit shocked if they send over the same amount of people as we send for Ashes...
It would be nice to see Smith get another good chance to prove himself seeing as he played quite well this season. His bowling (although I would assume it would be limited) is always a handy option too, which gives the team more depth.