• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know who you're referring to tbh

Another bad day for Australian cricket though, with Marcus Harris making runs.

Shady Slim

International Coach
QLD vs TAS and VIC vs SA today. Harry conway nicked off puck for 0 and burns picked over street despite the fact that street has averaged 51 in grade cricket this year with a 170* on saturday compared to burn's average of 14. Not a good day for potential future test openers.
i still wouldn't call pucovski a future test opener in that i just can't bring myself to want to select him

seems like a nice kid and all it's just that he's one bad day away and there's too much for me to be able to justify it these days

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Burns-Renshaw the opening pair for QLD. Don't know why there bumping the incumbent test opener who averages 100 as an opener to #4 for Joe burns, but what do I know?

Burgey

Maybe they wanted to stack the batting given it can be tricky early season in Qld? Still seems very odd though

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can only assume that Renshaw is being picked on Oz selectors instructions as Street is a much better opener IMO

Bazley over Bartlett is also strange unless the latter is still on overs restrictions

Kraken

International 12th Man
Sometimes the writing's on the wall for them though. Every case is different, but Ward made 7 tons in his last 11 two-day first grade games for Parra and couldn't get a look in along the way, while they were picking chosen ones from Manly who were averaging 12 in first grade before their selection for NSW.

I don't know what it's like in other States, but the amount of politicking in and around NSW selections from junior rep age groups up is appalling. If you're a chosen one you keep getting picked regardless of output. There's a kid at Parra atm who's a chosen one and he's done very little to continue to be selected at higher levels, but his name is always there every year. I mean, I hope he kicks on because he's a nice kid and all, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the State set ups he's been picked in the past few seasons
interested to hear exactly who this player from parra is lol

Kraken

International 12th Man
It's either sangha or edwards, right? Can't think of any other young NSW batsmen who have been around the setup for a few years now.
nah, sangha is from Randwick, and Edwards Manly. I’m guessing it’s someone younger, someone who’s been in the emerging blues and state age group set ups

social

Sometimes the writing's on the wall for them though. Every case is different, but Ward made 7 tons in his last 11 two-day first grade games for Parra and couldn't get a look in along the way, while they were picking chosen ones from Manly who were averaging 12 in first grade before their selection for NSW.

I don't know what it's like in other States, but the amount of politicking in and around NSW selections from junior rep age groups up is appalling. If you're a chosen one you keep getting picked regardless of output. There's a kid at Parra atm who's a chosen one and he's done very little to continue to be selected at higher levels, but his name is always there every year. I mean, I hope he kicks on because he's a nice kid and all, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the State set ups he's been picked in the past few seasons
Same here

The amount of politics and nepotism is disgraceful

However, it’s rampant here because the standard is woeful

Nobody is sticking their hand up with big scores or decent bowling figures so people are free to play favourites

Burgey

interested to hear exactly who this player from parra is lol
It’s no one at senior level. The kid is a good player but his output given the wraps put on him and the protracted chances he keeps being given is mediocre tstl

Kraken

International 12th Man
It’s no one at senior level. The kid is a good player but his output given the wraps put on him and the protracted chances he keeps being given is mediocre tstl
haha I think I may know who you mean - surname starting with X?

Burgey

I couldn’t possibly comment.

there’s a kid playing twos who hasn’t had half the chances of the other fella but he’s twice the cricketer. The mind boggles.
Both good kids like I said but one getting the leg ups he’s had since age about 13 or 14 has been extraordinary

social

My view from watching junior cricket at a distance in Queensland is that Australian cricket is now reliant upon players coming out of left field

Pucovski and Wyllie are incredible talents developed via traditional channels but they’re the exceptions

TheJediBrah

I can only assume that Renshaw is being picked on Oz selectors instructions as Street is a much better opener IMO

Bazley over Bartlett is also strange unless the latter is still on overs restrictions
Where's Wildermuth, out of favour?

Burgey

Extraordinary figures for Joel Paris in the second innings there. 13 overs for 4 runs.
NSW are so cooked. Obviously got some big names out, but so does every State. That line up isn’t winning anything this season