• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Vastly more interested in the grade semi final between TTG v Kensington at Pertaringa tomorrow

A ****ing excellent ground to watch cricket at any time

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So Tanveer Sangha has concussed himself, not ideal that.

Riley Ayre in as concussion sub. Vaugely remember him playing for the Greg Chappell Invitational XI in the state 50 over comp a while back, certainly one out of the obscure bin there from NSW

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Moises was off the field for a while and so had to wait a fair while to bat. Still such a NSWish batting lineup even if Moises could have batted earlier

Sangha has actually looked pretty good today tbf. Now he just needs to not do his typical thing and throw it away just when he starts to look set

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Riley Ayre in as concussion sub. Vaugely remember him playing for the Greg Chappell Invitational XI in the state 50 over comp a while back, certainly one out of the obscure bin there from NSW
As I recall, he was in year one and that particular year, the only NSW reps were people who did not receive NSW contracts (Ayre and the other guy) which always felt like a bit of a shot at how NSW was using young players back in 2016 or whatever. I thought he had turned into a batting all-rounder kind of deal, but PEWS would probably know more

I thought we were past Arjun Nair's regular random appearance for the season

Moises was off the field for a while and so had to wait a fair while to bat. Still such a NSWish batting lineup even if Moises could have batted earlier

Sangha has actually looked pretty good today tbf. Now he just needs to not do his typical thing and throw it away just when he starts to look set
Sangha's conversion rate is pretty good. I don't have any concerns once he gets past 20. It's what makes him different to Edwards imo.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tremain's form has been ridiculous since getting back in the side.
And I was here thinking that his career might have been finished. Just realised he's got 260 wickets at 23.7. People are gonna ask why he never played tests at some point in the future.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sangha's conversion rate is pretty good. I don't have any concerns once he gets past 20. It's what makes him different to Edwards imo.
That was almost what I am referring to, he gets out for about 20ish a hell of a lot. I know JSangha has became somewhat of a whipping boy around here but I do tend to think there is a FC standard bat in there somewhere, he just needs to start showing it on a more regular basis. Only time will tell if this is the start of something better or merely a false dawn

Tremain's form has been ridiculous since getting back in the side.
Certainly has been returning some decent numbers, I must admit I too thought he was done when he didn't get a game all of last year, but to Tremain's credit he has been able to reestablish himself as a consistent operator at this level. Probably a touch slower than he was in the Vic days I reckon, but one thing that stands out is how tight he's kept things, he hasn't bowled those trash spells you could occasionally get earlier in his career

Still have to believe there is more than meets the eye to his split with Victoria, that article on the CA website the other day only reinforces that