• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Holy **** at Green. I don't think I've ever seen someone so young dominate like he has. I think this even has Smith beat.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know, a few responses there are a bit critical of how Ponting allegedly faced stiffer resistance in his early career on the domestic scene. But I reckon scoring runs against current state bowling attacks is no small thing given the amount of depth and totally fine domestic seamers there are out there.

stephen

Young fella Shaun Marsh hit another half ton. When does he get a go in the national side?

Spikey

yet in test match cricket the younger Washington Sundar literally averages twice as much as Green in the same amount of the tests. makes you think.

stephen

Bird carrying Tasmania yet again.

Is Freeman any good? Picking up 3-39 is pretty decent.

Head continues his run of form.

Green would be worth a test spot right now even if he didn't bowl at all. That he bowls 140+ kph as well as averaging nearly 60 with the bat is crazy.

stephen

yet in test match cricket the younger Washington Sundar literally averages twice as much as Green in the same amount of the tests. makes you think.
Makes me think something is going on in the national coaching setup that is turning domestic monsters into international mice.

Chubb

International Regular
South Australia give debut to young left arm wrist spinner Joe Medew-Ewen, he’s a West Melbourne kid who hangs out at Druids sometimes, promising player. Went to Adelaide to play a few club games during Covid and did very well.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Freeman any good? Picking up 3-39 is pretty decent.
Looked pretty good to me, especially when he gave the ball some flight. Not the finished product but but there is certainly a bit to work with imo

South Australia give debut to young left arm wrist spinner Joe Medew-Ewen, he’s a West Melbourne kid who hangs out at Druids sometimes, promising player. Went to Adelaide to play a few club games during Covid and did very well.
Sure gives it a fair rip, looking forward to seeing him in action against a strong NSW side

Chubb

International Regular
Sure gives it a fair rip, looking forward to seeing him in action against a strong NSW side
He doesn’t play for Druids but he’s mates with one of the seniors here. I suggested he could compete with Hatzoglou for a Renegades slot. Hatzoglou did a similar thing, going to Adelaide during Covid, but didn’t do as well as Medew-Ewan has. Also, his mum is a kiwi so you never know, he has an option there.

Burgey

Potentially the new Watto. Deer in the headlights 80% of the time at test level, sadly.

Good day for SA too.

Starfighter

Does this mean they've given up on Pope?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Green has all the makings of a great, great batsmen. Huge hunger for runs, great under pressure, converts his 100's to daddy 100's, solid defensive technique and plays with a very straight bat early, is insanely hard to dismiss between 60-100, uses his feet and height well to combat the spinners.

Forget his bowling as far as I'm concerned, only thing stopping him from being a batting superstar at international level is his mental ability, Ala Bevan.

TheJediBrah

Makes me think something is going on in the national coaching setup that is turning domestic monsters into international mice.
Potentially the new Watto. Deer in the headlights 80% of the time at test level, sadly.
Forget his bowling as far as I'm concerned, only thing stopping him from being a batting superstar at international level is his mental ability, Ala Bevan.
Where is all this coming from? Only played one series, against a very strong side and did fine. Just because he didn't average 60 in his debut series means something has gone wrong? fmd

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Where is all this coming from? Only played one series, against a very strong side and did fine. Just because he didn't average 60 in his debut series means something has gone wrong? fmd
Didn't mean to come across like anything had gone wrong in my post, but can see how the wording could lead someone to that conclusion. Green played 4 decent innings between 40-70 where he got out to great balls/slogging with the tail/declaration batting, if he was at #5 instead of Wade I'm sure he would have done even better then he did, not saying he did bad, had the best series for an Australian debutant @6 since Clarke In India 04.

Was more saying that the only thing I can see stopping him is mental problems like Bevan had, everything else is already there.