• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2018/19

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The omission of Wade from any LO side is now approaching farcical proportions tbh, and I despise the ****.
I don't get it myself. It's been my impression that he's been getting gradually better in LOIs when he's played in the last few seasons. Carey is too limited right now. Albeit it didn't help that he was forced to open the batting because the memory of Gilchrist just won't die and his occasional contribution to the Strikers up the order.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get it myself. It's been my impression that he's been getting gradually better in LOIs when he's played in the last few seasons. Carey is too limited right now. Albeit it didn't help that he was forced to open the batting because the memory of Gilchrist just won't die and his occasional contribution to the Strikers up the order.
Don't know about "forced". More like "gifted the opportunity". Opening the batting in ODIs is like a golden ticket compared to being at 7, and it definitely should have helped.

And yes Wade was doing pretty well in ODIs right up until he got dropped a couple of seasons ago, he made an incredible 100 batting at no. 7 against Pakistan and then was left out not long after for no real reason.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Billy Stanlake is back in the QLD Shield side. This is not a drill.

Strangely enough he comes in for Swepson, which means Marnus will probably have to be their main spinner. Would have much more sense to toss one of Feldman or Gannon aside

Top_Cat

Don't know about "forced". More like "gifted the opportunity". Opening the batting in ODIs is like a golden ticket compared to being at 7, and it definitely should have helped.
Carey failing as an opening option is a decent counter to the notion that Gilchrist was just a slogger in ODIs. Harder than people realise to go as hard as possible from ball 1 then pare it back only a little bit to make sure of the ton.

Starfighter

Billy Stanlake is back in the QLD Shield side. This is not a drill.

Strangely enough he comes in for Swepson, which means Marnus will probably have to be their main spinner. Would have much more sense to toss one of Feldman or Gannon aside
Why wouldn't you get rid of Gannon in that situation? He only took one wicket while Swepson took eight, and he's a chucker. Moronic.

Burgey

NSW an unchanged XII. No surprises I suppose.

Will be interesting to see how Stanlake goes. Hope he does well.

TheJediBrah

Carey failing as an opening option is a decent counter to the notion that Gilchrist was just a slogger in ODIs. Harder than people realise to go as hard as possible from ball 1 then pare it back only a little bit to make sure of the ton.
Who says that? I've never heard it. He's one of the highest rated ODI openers ever and for good reason

Why wouldn't you get rid of Gannon in that situation? He only took one wicket while Swepson took eight, and he's a chucker. Moronic.
Swepson must be injured, surely?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
BBL-related, but apparently Lehmann's been interviewed for the Brisbane Heat coaching job, along with Seccombe / Hopes / McCullum.

Gnske

And yes Wade was doing pretty well in ODIs right up until he got dropped a couple of seasons ago, he made an incredible 100 batting at no. 7 against Pakistan and then was left out not long after for no real reason.
Yeah Carey opening the batting was a real gift. Right up there with the gift the Polish city of Warsaw got in 1944.

TheJediBrah

Yeah Carey opening the batting was a real gift. Right up there with the gift the Polish city of Warsaw got in 1944.
lol m8 opening is the easiest position to bat in 50 over cricket. I have to question your judgement if you really think that giving Carey the opening spot was in any way harsh on him or a disadvantage.

stephen

Yeah opening is definitely a gift in ODI cricket. It lets you build big innings and tee off against a new ball. Batting down the order you have less balls to face and are expected to strike faster.

Gnske

lol m8 opening is the easiest position to bat in 50 over cricket. I have to question your judgement if you really think that giving Carey the opening spot was in any way harsh on him or a disadvantage.
The gift to the audience, forget the team or Carey himself. Aren't we the real victims?

Daemon

Would all of Richardson, NCN and Behrendorff had played for WA if they weren't in India?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would all of Richardson, NCN and Behrendorff had played for WA if they weren't in India?
If they were all fully fit, then yeah. NCN and Behrendorff are often deemed not first enough for FC cricket or 'rested' though, even when they're cleared for limited overs stuff.

If limited overs cricket didn't exist at all then they'd be playing I reckon, but as it is probably not. Richardson definitely, but probably one of the other two if that.

Spikey

former Australian ODI player Sam Heazlett is facing Henriques with stumps around the corner. He has a big air swing with a pull shot, hits a full toss for four through the covers and then hooks one down Harry Conway's throat. Henriques finishes his over and stumps is called

I can see why he's a PONI

Last edited: