• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’d just like to actually see him, I dunno, do something - anything - meaningful. Bloke has had a zillion chances at FC level for nsw and repeatedly fails to deliver when it counts.

Burgey

Cowan eight, SOK nine as Dermo Abbott went in as night watchman

Fmd look at Henriques’ dismissal. Pads away a ball landing outside leg - fine. Forgets to get gloves out of the way and pops it straight to short leg. Show some sense, ****.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turner's century was vital for WA to bat Queensland out of contention. Which is to say that shield games should be five days, not four.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
More like: Dics blow it.

Wow, Renshaw is really in a rut. I wonder if there's anybody left who believes he should still be in the Test team.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

More like: Dics blow it.

Wow, Renshaw is really in a rut. I wonder if there's anybody left who believes he should still be in the Test team.
There were a few guys here who were adamant that his dropping was the wrong call despite how obvious it was, believe it or not

Dermo Abbott the hero.

#ParraforeverOthersnever
For giving Arun Finch a Shield wicket?

Last edited:

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
There were a few guys here who were adamant that his dropping was the wrong call despite how obvious it was, believe it or not
There was one even during the OZ first innings who was arguing that the GABBA wicket was "perfect for Renshaw".

ATM, Renshaw could bat on a concrete pitch and he'll still be nicking them to the keeper.

SeamUp

International Coach
The thing is he is averaging nearly 37 as a 20 year-old opener.

If everybody was picked on pure form you would be chopping and changing every week.

His test performances have been decent.

Whilst I understand leaving him out, the selection policy needs to be less cluttered.

Burgey

For giving Arun Finch a Shield wicket?
For batting about five hours as a night watchman in day four. Fair effort

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The thing is he is averaging nearly 37 as a 20 year-old opener.

If everybody was picked on pure form you would be chopping and changing every week.

His test performances have been decent.

Whilst I understand leaving him out, the selection policy needs to be less cluttered.
Without looking at his stats, Handscomb's done eff all in the 3 Shield matches he played, followed by another failure at the Gabba, which means if they consistently apply the same criteria then he should be walking the selection tightrope at the moment.

Spikey

They bowled 92 overs, 46 of them from Holland and the part timers, and had a 20 over break. Those numbers don't justify reducing the amount of time they have to bowl NSW out while not really doing anything to actually increase their chances of winning the game. They should still be fine but I find it totally pointless to take 22 overs away from you when you need to bowl 'em out and you're leading by 350 odd anyway
i tried to cover myself but i would have been pretty pissed if NSW didn't survive. Serves Arun Finch right. One of the worst decisions you'll see. They're last on the ladder desperately needing a full set of points and Arun Finch runs up the scoreboard like it's a 5 day test match. Glen Maxwell would never do such a thing if given the C

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Without looking at his stats, Handscomb's done eff all in the 3 Shield matches he played, followed by another failure at the Gabba, which means if they consistently apply the same criteria then he should be walking the selection tightrope at the moment.
Exactly.

And if we being honest Khawaja & Smarsh are also looking over their shoulders for their own reasons.

Maxwell will play this series and right now no one else has stuck their hand up like him for the middle order spot. MMarsh in time can get back in, in time - think we all knew he needed a season or two scoring runs for WA.

Last edited:

adub

International Captain
I simply could not believe Victoria batted again. Maybe Maxy talked Arun into it as he didn't want to feel bad about beating the state side he really wanted to be playing for this season.

Bl000s get f all points out of the game, but they'll be pretty happy that Vic got f all more than they did.