• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was a bit surprised Webster hadn't been selected for Tasmania, but he definitely wouldn't have been selected for any other side so I guess you can't blame them too much. He's historically been a ****ing terrible 50-over player, and he didn't have a great four-day season last start to press his claims for his weaker format either.

He's probably still better than a couple of the bats they've picked - I would've picked him - but I'm not sure "crazy" is how I'd describe it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was a bit surprised Webster hadn't been selected for Tasmania, but he definitely wouldn't have been selected for any other side so I guess you can't blame them too much. He's historically been a ****ing terrible 50-over player, and he didn't have a great four-day season last start to press his claims for his weaker format either.

He's probably still better than a couple of the bats they've picked - I would've picked him - but I'm not sure "crazy" is how I'd describe it.
Four reasons why Webster's non-selection is crazy:

1. Being 'probably better' than some bats who were selected
2. You would have picked him too
3. Being born in Tasmania - a slightly underrated factor IMO.
4. Offers serviceable 6th bowling option (not sure if any of the new guys offer this, but none of the other batsman do unless you rate Ben Dunk as a bowler).

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So looking forward to the cricket season starting up again. Flicked on the TV today hoping to find the ODD cup but alas; it's not on until next week.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ODD's charge (and they won't be any at the SCG) and I think they mix it up with the shield matches but I don't think it's anymore than $10. 4 out of the 5 NSW home games this season don't even have a ground listed yet

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vics look so weak, but will still somehow be competitive and make the final.

So I've been hearing that this isn't being televised? It's all live and free on CA App though so maybe that's better since you can watch it at work

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Brockley, how did future legend Cameron Green not make the WA squad who are minus Coulter-Nile/Stoinis/Cartwright/Behrendorff/Agar ?