• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Luke Wright was another. You'd think the Melb. team that doesn't get Wade will be looking overseas.
Return for Adam Crosthwaite? Can't think of many international keepers coming across

EDIT: Straight after that Steve Davies popped into my head.

Oh yeah, Carters...

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they can sign up to 18 during this 3 week period - mim of 14. Not sure if they can add another couple during the tourament

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can someone confirm something for me: Is each squad only allowed 18 players?
Quote from Big Bash page on cricinfo suggests they must have 18 players

The teams can begin signing up players from 9am on Thursday, and they have three weeks to secure at least 14 players. By December 9, a week before the competition kicks off, each team must have signed 18 men, which can include up to two international players.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cool thanks. I was just thinking that 18 might not be enough considering some International matches will be played at the same time, plus of course injuries. Hopefully the BBL has a system in place so the 2011-2012 version of Patrick Cummins can emerge.

Top_Cat

Surprised anyone picked him up. He's been woeful since everyone started taking T20 seriously.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
It's a stupidly packed schedule the int'l players have this summer though, isn't it? Can't see him - or any of the "major players" being around too often for it.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
It will probably be nice to watch after we get our asses handed to us by India. Can only imagine what Sharma, Zaheer and Kumar are going to do to Hughes etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha if Kumar plays here he'll get slaughtered. The long range forecast is for a dry summer and if it doesn't swing...

vcs

Yeah, even in the current Test, where the track seems to have become decent for batting after the first few overs, he got good swing with the new ball.

brockley

International Captain
Starc 2 sydney sixers,fergo,n lyon,klinger,blizzard,a o'brien,k richardson and t cooper adeilaide strikers,r ponting hobart hurricanes.

Spikey

I thought Sydney may have picked him up, as that's where he lives.
Essentially it's just another player going home. Ricky's always said he loves playing in Tassie if only because he gets to visit family.