• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off Season 2018

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Australia's Test squad: Tim Paine (c), Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wtf Maxwell isn't even in the squad? lmao

If I was him I'd just say **** you guys and be an accountant or some **** jfc

TheJediBrah

Maxwell apparently was given the indication that he didn't need to go on the recent Aus A tour of India because his spot was pretty safe.

Doggett over Tremain as well? FMD.
I know people talk **** about selectors a lot in cricket but there's some seriously brain dead stuff in this squad.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a catch-22 here. If we lose 2-0 then people will brush it off with the events of a few months ago. If we don't lose 2-0 then it will justify the **** for brains selections. There's no way out of this.

TheJediBrah

I mean even ignoring Doggett's selection how do you ignore Tremain and pick Siddle, when Tremain consistently outbowled him in the Shield for the last couple seasons

TheJediBrah

CA being a bunch of two-faced ****s? Jeez, never saw that one coming.
Personally I think they didn't pick Maxwell for the A tour because they knew he'd dominate and then it would be even harder for them to leave him out of the Test squad, which they wanted to do all along.

I thought leaving him out of that last test against SA even when half the batting line-up sent home was insane but this is even worse

Starfighter

I mean even ignoring Doggett's selection how do you ignore Tremain and pick Siddle, when Tremain consistently outbowled him in the Shield for the last couple seasons
Apparently wickets taken on early season English pitches do count after all.

Can't believe that Maxwell gets ****ed again. What a pack of arseholes. What does Neser have either to succeed there? Just cause someone plays fro Queensland doesn't mean they're good. Tremain mightn't ever amount to much but at least he's got pace.

Jarquis

This is better than I could have hoped for. I mean, I’m happier than anyone on the forum that Marnus has been picked but I didn’t think they’d actually do it... and that’s probably one of the better bad calls :laugh: